Help with potty training

NikitaH

Feb 28, 2014
Country
Untied states
Bulldog(s) Names
Aurora
Aurora is 15 weeks old. She will pee outside with no problem but she won't poop. I knew she has to poop because she just tried pooping in the house but I got her outside before she did but she won't go poop. She just keeps barking and crying to come inside and if I'm out there with her she want me to pick her up. What should I do?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=11257]NikitaH[/MENTION] She may not have to poop, she might have only had to pee. I would let her back in and when you notice her squatting again take her back outside. Just have to keep a close eye on her until she gets settled. Welcome to puppyhood. :)

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
When I potty trained mine I had special areas in the yard where they did their business and when I took them there they kind of knew what to do... also to leave a piece of poop in that area helps them realize what they need to do there:)

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
great advice! she will learn dont you worry! as everyone on here bulldogs are very hard to potty train and mainly dont get the hint until around 4 months but in the meantime just teach her right from wrong and where to go. She will learn, patience :D. Also if she poops inside pick it up and show her it outside

OP
N

NikitaH

Feb 28, 2014
Country
Untied states
Bulldog(s) Names
Aurora
Aurora didn't go poop last night but she did go poop outside this morning when we got up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Aurora didn't go poop last night but she did go poop outside this morning when we got up.

Very good, she is getting there. Stay consistent with her and as other stated... Keep a close eye and schedule is everything, develop one and stick to it

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I can't help...I think Dudley was born potty-trained...but I will say that he has a "poopy zone" in the backyard...he only goes in a certain area, and he really prefers that I clean it up immediately (he always comes to get me after he goes and walks me back to see it so I'll clean it up.)...he's pretty fastidious! They are dogs that love routine!! Just be consistent and persistent!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have a fenced yard, and my dogs are loose when they go out-BUT, I found that when you have a fenced yard-and a pup-I take the pup out on a leash, until they do their "business", and then I will let them loose to play. If they just go outside loose-they are not getting the message so much.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.