Help Needed! I have 3 Bullies and now they are trying to kill each other...

thedjjonpaul

Jun 14, 2013
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
SPIRIT, OZZY, AND MEATBALL
This all started Wednesday afternoon... Some how my 11 yr old female EB (not fixed due to medical reasons) and my 7 yr old male (fixed) some how locked them selves in the bathroom while we were at work. We were not crating them at the time and when my wife got home she called me crying that it looked like Spirit was bleeding from her eyes and Ozzy was bleeding from his ear. So I had her (after she calmed down ) load them up and go to the vet. Vet said they don't need stitches and so I her ask if maybe Spirit was in heat. And the Doc said she didn't appear to be. So yesterday while my wife was walking our other EB Meatball, she came back into kitchen chairs being knocked over and Ozzy hiding under the night stand in the bed room with teeth marks on his leg... (She says she was only gone 5 minutes) I am at my whits end... HELP ME EBN please!

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
OH No! this sounds awful. :[ how is their reaction to eachother when you are around? is this only happening when you are not there? I would say maybe crate them when nobody is around

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
it may have just been a random attack? Maybe just being locked in a confided room together they just got anxious. I would def keep an eye on them but hopefully all is forgiven now? Maybe she is just a little imitated (pms, you know how that goes hehe) but she will probably be good in no time and he will forgive her. Keep us posted or see if somebody else gives better advice. I know im not the best :p

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree with April, crate them when you're away from home. I hope this all stops and I'm super happy no one was seriously injured.

Isabel and Jackson

Jul 5, 2012
Relocate around the US once a year for work.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson and Izzy
I'm dealing with two of my bullies who are constantly at it so I feel your pain... Definitely crate them when you're not around. With mine, I might even have to crate them in separate rooms because one of them stares & growls to get the other one going.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
It's horrible when they fight:( We have 3 bulldogs and one of them (Joey) can't even stand the sight of the other two (Boeboe and Bennie)... Joey attacks them at sight and they attack her back. It started with Boeboe not long after we rescued Joey, Boeboe was constantly trying to boss Joey around and eventually Joey just had enough, they had a fight and after that one fight it was over. They just cannot get over it:( Bennie and Joey got into a fight one evening when I wasn't home and my husband fed them. He wasn't completely aware of Bennie's obsession over food and he attacked Joey when she was eating. After that incident they can't stand each other either. Joey is taking "holding a grudge" to the next level... we weren't even able to sort it out with the help of a dog trainer:unsure:

Boeboe and Bennie has had a few fights over the years but they get over it... I think mainly they fought because of Boeboe's hip problems, if she wasn't feeling well she'd take it out on Bennie if he annoyed her in any way. Ours have only had one fight when no one were around and after that we never leave them together alone if we leave the house.

Maybe one of them isn't feeling well? I hope they'll all be ok and that they wont fight again:hug:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, so sorry you're going through this. I agree with others, to crate them when you are not home, since they are fine when you are home. It will be safer for them, and they will most likely sleep while they are crated, nd you can relax knowing they are not going to be able to attack or fight each other. The other thing you can do is just crate the one who doesn't get along, and let the other two out when you aren't home, maybe it's the combination of all 3 together. I hope it resolves itself, and is just an isolated incident. Please keep us posted.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
The first thing I learned when I joined EBN was to never leave more that one bulldog free when unsupervised. I always crate mine when I cannot have both eyeballs on them. They are both crated when we leave the house and at night Brutus is allowed to sleep on the couch and Frankie gets crated. Brutus is ours from birth so that is what he is gets to be on the couch. Frankie is very happy to sleep in his crate. But under no circumstances are they ever left alone unsupervised.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be that Spirit is in pain or sick and she wants nothing to do with him... so if he is within shot, she will go after him

As others stated, keep them crated when not at home and when you are home stay close

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online