Help Needed! My 10 week EBD keeps destroying his wee wee pad

lcordero24

Mar 29, 2014
My puppy keeps destroying his wee wee pad every time we turn our backs. Sometimes he uses it then destroys it. Sometimes he just wait till we go out to do it. He's most of the time in a pen. We tried Bitter Apple, for a while it worked but he began doing "his business" everywhere else but the pad, including his bed. We use a bit of Bitter Apple on the edges and it was working but now he just destroys it again. Any advice please ??

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
When mine started chewing up the pads, I got several of the type pads that are used in the nursing home, that are washable. They are made of quilted cotton material, with waterproof backing.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I never used wee pads so I dont have much of help on this. I hope you find the right answer. I never used them for the reason I dont like puppies growing up thinking its okay to pee in certin parts of the house. I want them to learn to NOT do it at all. I know my boyfriend raised his chihuahua on these and now when she has her "accidents" it is always in the spots he had the wee pads... So I dont see it much of a help with potty training. But again it is personal preference and also every dog is different.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We used them the first night we had Harlea then said the heck with it as she would rather chew them than use them. Spent a bit more time cleaning up messes but I think she got the hint quicker in the long run.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
lcordero24

lcordero24

Mar 29, 2014
Thanks guys. Very helpful.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.