Real Name
    Amanda
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sulley
    Likes (Received)

Default Peeing for spite?

Our bully is a little over a year old. We've had him for about 3 months. He's potty trained and crate trained yet we rarely use the crate anymore. Here lately it seems like he pees out of spite. He's always been good about sitting at the door if he has to go out or he will walk out with us if we go out. Today my husband and I were sitting on the couch and my husband was eating candy. Since we don't feed him "human" food I gave him a treat and went on. Next thing we know he has peed on the newspaper my husband had been reading. Prior to that he peed on the couch. I wouldn't let him up on the couch one day and when I got up and came back he had jumped up there and peed! It's happened a few other times I told him no he has done this. I'm not sure what is the cause of this behavior. Anyone ever had this before? Any tricks on how to correct it?

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Peeing for spite?

If your dog has just started doing this-after you having him for 3 months, he may have a UTI. (urinary tract infection). The first thing I would start with, is having him checked by your vet.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Sorry this is happening. Sounds like he is trying to get your attention ans he is still a puppy. I think the only way to get him to stop is to keep saying NO really loud every time if you see it happen. A squirt bottle might be good to try too, if he knows the bottle is there he may think twice before he does it again. I hope he stops it.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Is he neutered? He could be marking.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Amanda
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sulley
    Likes (Received)

We tell him no each time he does it and immediately take him outside. He isn't neutered. We are dealing with some eye issues right now that require surgery so we might neuter after that. I suppose taking him to the vet wouldn't hurt.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leo & Lola
    Likes (Received)

Barring any medical reason, yes, I absolutely do believe it could be out of spite. Lola does this. She is completely housebroken and sleeps in bed with us every night. On multiple occasions, always after something she found unpleasant such as a bath or nail clip, she intentionally peed on the bed. I don't mean like she had to pee and was not taken out... I mean she jumped on the bed right after having made potty outside, and peed right as she stared at me. One time, she crawled under the down comforter and peed while between the sheets.
    There is nothing wrong with her medically to make her do this and it only happens if she gets pissed about something. Now I give her a cool down period before letting her on the bed. She never pees anywhere in the house, so I don't know what it could be other than retribution. Leo, on the other hand, is not the spiteful type and has never done this.

Remove Ads