Peeing for spite?

sulleysXmom

Feb 20, 2014
United States
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sulley
Our bully is a little over a year old. We've had him for about 3 months. He's potty trained and crate trained yet we rarely use the crate anymore. Here lately it seems like he pees out of spite. He's always been good about sitting at the door if he has to go out or he will walk out with us if we go out. Today my husband and I were sitting on the couch and my husband was eating candy. Since we don't feed him "human" food I gave him a treat and went on. Next thing we know he has peed on the newspaper my husband had been reading. Prior to that he peed on the couch. I wouldn't let him up on the couch one day and when I got up and came back he had jumped up there and peed! It's happened a few other times I told him no he has done this. I'm not sure what is the cause of this behavior. Anyone ever had this before? Any tricks on how to correct it?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If your dog has just started doing this-after you having him for 3 months, he may have a UTI. (urinary tract infection). The first thing I would start with, is having him checked by your vet.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry this is happening. Sounds like he is trying to get your attention ans he is still a puppy. I think the only way to get him to stop is to keep saying NO really loud every time if you see it happen. A squirt bottle might be good to try too, if he knows the bottle is there he may think twice before he does it again. I hope he stops it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Is he neutered? He could be marking.

OP
sulleysXmom

sulleysXmom

Feb 20, 2014
United States
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sulley
We tell him no each time he does it and immediately take him outside. He isn't neutered. We are dealing with some eye issues right now that require surgery so we might neuter after that. I suppose taking him to the vet wouldn't hurt.

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Barring any medical reason, yes, I absolutely do believe it could be out of spite. Lola does this. She is completely housebroken and sleeps in bed with us every night. On multiple occasions, always after something she found unpleasant such as a bath or nail clip, she intentionally peed on the bed. I don't mean like she had to pee and was not taken out... I mean she jumped on the bed right after having made potty outside, and peed right as she stared at me. One time, she crawled under the down comforter and peed while between the sheets.
There is nothing wrong with her medically to make her do this and it only happens if she gets pissed about something. Now I give her a cool down period before letting her on the bed. She never pees anywhere in the house, so I don't know what it could be other than retribution. Leo, on the other hand, is not the spiteful type and has never done this.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.