Potty training :/

Nessa170

Feb 24, 2014
I have an 8 week old little girl bulldog and my neighbor suggested using these wood shavings called aspen for potty training every time we put her in the box with aspen she eats it and plays with it thinking it's a game lol ... :/ any ideas on if aspen is better than potty pads ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
We tried it with Hulk when we first brought him home because the breeder was using them with him. Even though he was supposedly trained to use the litter box it didn't work well. It made a horrible mess and we had litter and poop all over the inside and outside of his crate. We attempted pee pads but he tore those to shreds too. We just had to take him outside all the time and if we were gone we had him in his crate with the pee pads. He's almost 7 months now and we just make sure to take him out often. He doesn't require the pee pads ever and hasn't for a few months.

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Best way is consistency on taking him outside and praising him galore! My ace is a vacuum an will chew/eat anything. So pads and cedar shavings were off the list from day 1. If he is eating them, I would not use them. Last thing you want is an obstruction. Good luck.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have an 8 week old little girl bulldog and my neighbor suggested using these wood shavings called aspen for potty training every time we put her in the box with aspen she eats it and plays with it thinking it's a game lol ... :/ any ideas on if aspen is better than potty pads ????

You've been given great advice and I completely agree with Sarah you've got to get her on a set schedule when you take her outside to do her thing. Crate training is really helpful when you aren't home to cut down on the accidents in the home. Please keep us posted, she's a sweety!

OP
Nessa170

Nessa170

Feb 24, 2014
Ok thank you for the advice ! Also we tired an open littler box with a potty pad and aspen inside but every time she stepped inside she would slide around and start throwing the shavings everywhere ... She also Hides under the shavings then jumps out thinking it's a game rather than potty training lol

Most Reactions