Barking at bedtime

MzReBeLgUrL

Feb 18, 2014
Beulaville, North Carolina, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bully and Ginger
Okay, I have a question or request for ideas. My Bully is 7 yrs old, when i first got him last May he would be fine and go to bed with no problems. Then late summer he started the barking thing once I put him in the kennel at night for his bedtime and eating. I have an Olde English and 2 Boxers. He gets along okay with the Olde English but the two Boxers are a different story. I put the the English out on the front porch at night while I bring in my Boxers and bed them down. Then I bring in the English and they go to bed, and within 5 minutes of being in the kennel he starts barking and continues until I put him back outside. Is there anything anyone can suggest me do with Bully to stop the barking again. It's started this week after 4 months of not barking unless he got spooked.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Tuff it out, if there wasn't a problem before then there shouldn't be one now. That's just me though I don't let mine out just because they whin or bark (as long as I know they are okay) we both tough it out.

I love my bullies!!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would approach the bed but not let out, say no and walk away. If you do let him out each time he barks he has learned that each time he does it, you will let him back out. He taught you and you taught him a new trick.....lol

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
If they are smart they may still get enjoyment out of getting you out of bed even though they aren't getting out. Lol

These babies are super smart

I love my bullies!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.