Relley Freitas

Aug 7, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi all!!,

I introduced myself a while back when I was supposed to get my first squishy face baby, but things didn't work out as planned.. Now I'm back and everything is in order.. My new fur baby is expected to be born mid to late March and the anticipation is killing me!! I feel like I've read and researched on here so much while waiting for the right time and now that the time is here my brain ran away and I don't know where to begin?!? Here are some things I'm all over the place with..

* Basic essentials.. What do I need before I bring him home??

*I have AC in my house and it stays on majority of the time (it's Hawaii.. It's hot year round.. Lol) is AC not good for my puppy??

*I just started a new job, I'll be able to come home on my lunch break.. Is him being home by himself for more than 4 hours going to be okay?

*When I'm not home do I leave a puppy pad in the crate for him?? Or will he be able to hold it for 4 hours..

I'm sure I have a million other questions that will come up when he gets here but I just want to be as prepared as I possibly can be.. Any suggestions, or tips are more than welcome.. If there a EB for dummies book out there point me in that direction!! Ahhhhhh I'm so excited!!!!!

Mahalo in advance,

Relley

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

OP
Relley Freitas

Relley Freitas

Aug 7, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
AC not only good, required!! :)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH MY.... congrats! :jumping: I can feel your excitement!

4 hours alone in his/her crate should be fine.... potty bladder rule of thumb is they can hold it one hour more than they are months old. So, if 3 months old, they can hold it 4 hours.

A/C is a requirement for these babies.... bullies do not do well in the heat

OP
Relley Freitas

Relley Freitas

Aug 7, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
OH MY.... congrats! :jumping: I can feel your excitement!

4 hours alone in his/her crate should be fine.... potty bladder rule of thumb is they can hold it one hour more than they are months old. So, if 3 months old, they can hold it 4 hours.

A/C is a requirement for these babies.... bullies do not do well in the heat

Okay perfect!! He won't be by himself for longer than that.. There's usually always someone home, and I work about 5 minutes away.. I can't wait to post pictures!!!

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
Congratulations and yes the wait can seem to go on forever as I'm waiting as well. Best of luck with your little one!

Doug

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Congratulations on your new impending arrival… of course we will need to see LOTS of pics!!! :w00t:

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Congrats on on the impending birth of your fur baby! What island do you live on? My husband and I recently honeymooned in Kauai.

Oh and send us pics as soon as she comes! ❤️

OP
Relley Freitas

Relley Freitas

Aug 7, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Congrats on on the impending birth of your fur baby! What island do you live on? My husband and I recently honeymooned in Kauai.

Oh and send us pics as soon as she comes! ❤️

Thanks!! I live on Oahu but I have family on Kauai and we go there to visit every so often.. It's super pretty on Kauai but complete vacay mode.. Lol and yes I will definitely keep everyone posted on my lil squishy face..

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Congratulations on your upcoming fur baby! Can't wait to see the pics :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.