Thread: Bad Bifi! Bad dog!

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

Default Bad Bifi! Bad dog!

Yesterday Bifi lifted his leg and peed on 2 people. I was so shocked! Good thing our neighbors are good sports (also dog owners) and they just laughed it off but told Bifi that was very impolite of him. I thought it was just a fluke but told myself if it does happen again i would grab him on his scruff and pull him on his side. Then last night he tried to do it again to another neighbor (also a dog owner) i screamed no and he stopped but my husband grabbed him by the neck and told him no (though it was a minute too late). And today he tried to do it again to another neighbor (also another dog owner) i screamed no and he stopped. My reactions are always late, my first reaction was to scream no! lol. He acts like he has been doing it all his life! like it's so normal for him to do so!

I'm pretty sure this is a dominance thing. Does anyone ever have experience like this? Any thoughts? I am really flabbergasted. He is now 9 mos. old BTW.

agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bad Bifi! Bad dog!

no idea but some folk in germany will pay for that ....lol

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dieMuttivonBifi View Post
    Yesterday Bifi lifted his leg and peed on 2 people. I was so shocked! Good thing our neighbors are good sports (also dog owners) and they just laughed it off but told Bifi that was very impolite of him. I thought it was just a fluke but told myself if it does happen again i would grab him on his scruff and pull him on his side. Then last night he tried to do it again to another neighbor (also a dog owner) i screamed no and he stopped but my husband grabbed him by the neck and told him no (though it was a minute too late). And today he tried to do it again to another neighbor (also another dog owner) i screamed no and he stopped. My reactions are always late, my first reaction was to scream no! lol. He acts like he has been doing it all his life! like it's so normal for him to do so!

I'm pretty sure this is a dominance thing. Does anyone ever have experience like this? Any thoughts? I am really flabbergasted. He is now 9 mos. old BTW.
    I think you're right it's got to be a dominance thing. I also think you're doing the right thing by yelling at him when you know he's going to do it. These bullys, I tell ya!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Since they were all dog owners, I am guessing that the other dog's smell is on them and your dog is "marking" over it to assert HIS dominince, as @pdolphin27 stated.
    I m assuming that Bifi is not castrated. Perhaps you need to carry a spray bottle-and when he attemps that-spritz HIM in the face and say NO!! Fight water with water!!
    To him it's no different than peeing on somebody tree, after another dog pee'd!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    I think you're right it's got to be a dominance thing. I also think you're doing the right thing by yelling at him when you know he's going to do it. These bullys, I tell ya!
    Well to be honest, it IS pretty funny when you tell it to someone lol

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Since they were all dog owners, I am guessing that the other dog's smell is on them and your dog is "marking" over it to assert HIS dominince, as @pdolphin27 stated.
    I m assuming that Bifi is not castrated. Perhaps you need to carry a spray bottle-and when he attemps that-spritz HIM in the face and say NO!! Fight water with water!!
    To him it's no different than peeing on somebody tree, after another dog pee'd!
    I stopped using spray bottle on him because it doesn't faze him anymore lol. I now use lemonjuice (dab in mouth) whenever he is being naughty but for this instances, it's too fast, it's over before i even open the lemonjuice tip.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Spray bottle wont work on face as the wrinkles shield and that's why it doesn't seem to faze them, try the bum - they don't like it there.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Toddler behavior and pushing the envelope.... stay on top of him and be sure to let him know it is not acceptable for him to do so
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads