Bad Bifi! Bad dog!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Yesterday Bifi lifted his leg and peed on 2 people. I was so shocked! Good thing our neighbors are good sports (also dog owners) and they just laughed it off but told Bifi that was very impolite of him. I thought it was just a fluke but told myself if it does happen again i would grab him on his scruff and pull him on his side. Then last night he tried to do it again to another neighbor (also a dog owner) i screamed no and he stopped but my husband grabbed him by the neck and told him no (though it was a minute too late). And today he tried to do it again to another neighbor (also another dog owner) i screamed no and he stopped. My reactions are always late, my first reaction was to scream no! lol. He acts like he has been doing it all his life! like it's so normal for him to do so!

I'm pretty sure this is a dominance thing. Does anyone ever have experience like this? Any thoughts? I am really flabbergasted. He is now 9 mos. old BTW.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yesterday Bifi lifted his leg and peed on 2 people. I was so shocked! Good thing our neighbors are good sports (also dog owners) and they just laughed it off but told Bifi that was very impolite of him. I thought it was just a fluke but told myself if it does happen again i would grab him on his scruff and pull him on his side. Then last night he tried to do it again to another neighbor (also a dog owner) i screamed no and he stopped but my husband grabbed him by the neck and told him no (though it was a minute too late). And today he tried to do it again to another neighbor (also another dog owner) i screamed no and he stopped. My reactions are always late, my first reaction was to scream no! lol. He acts like he has been doing it all his life! like it's so normal for him to do so!

I'm pretty sure this is a dominance thing. Does anyone ever have experience like this? Any thoughts? I am really flabbergasted. He is now 9 mos. old BTW.

I think you're right it's got to be a dominance thing. I also think you're doing the right thing by yelling at him when you know he's going to do it. These bullys, I tell ya!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Since they were all dog owners, I am guessing that the other dog's smell is on them and your dog is "marking" over it to assert HIS dominince, as [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] stated.
I m assuming that Bifi is not castrated. Perhaps you need to carry a spray bottle-and when he attemps that-spritz HIM in the face and say NO!! Fight water with water!!
:) To him it's no different than peeing on somebody tree, after another dog pee'd!

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I think you're right it's got to be a dominance thing. I also think you're doing the right thing by yelling at him when you know he's going to do it. These bullys, I tell ya!

Well to be honest, it IS pretty funny when you tell it to someone lol :D

Since they were all dog owners, I am guessing that the other dog's smell is on them and your dog is "marking" over it to assert HIS dominince, as @pdolphin27 stated.
I m assuming that Bifi is not castrated. Perhaps you need to carry a spray bottle-and when he attemps that-spritz HIM in the face and say NO!! Fight water with water!!
:) To him it's no different than peeing on somebody tree, after another dog pee'd!

I stopped using spray bottle on him because it doesn't faze him anymore lol. I now use lemonjuice (dab in mouth) whenever he is being naughty but for this instances, it's too fast, it's over before i even open the lemonjuice tip.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Spray bottle wont work on face as the wrinkles shield and that's why it doesn't seem to faze them, try the bum - they don't like it there.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Toddler behavior and pushing the envelope.... stay on top of him and be sure to let him know it is not acceptable for him to do so

Members online

No members online now.