Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Post Growling and Biting

I am worried and need help with Elmo. He will be 6mo. old this month. When my husband and I try to clean his butt, or his eyes he growls and tries to bite us, I Love My Elmo So-oo-oo Very Much. What is going on with him doing this, My husband and I are so gentle with Elmo, I give him plenty of Time and Love. What can we do about his trying to bite us, and all of this growing, and snarling at us?? Please Help Me, I do not know what to do. Susan Moore

Country
    Greece
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bully
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Growling and Biting

I had the same reaction with Bully ,my 4 months old bulldog ,since 3 weeks ago.I now do his facial cleaning and also his paws after every pee walk .He seems to be relaxed and he used to it very easy.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I would try treats. If you make him think that when he's going to get cleaned that he's going to get treats it may make a difference. Good luck!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by My Otis View Post
    I am worried and need help with Elmo. He will be 6mo. old this month. When my husband and I try to clean his butt, or his eyes he growls and tries to bite us, I Love My Elmo So-oo-oo Very Much. What is going on with him doing this, My husband and I are so gentle with Elmo, I give him plenty of Time and Love. What can we do about his trying to bite us, and all of this growing, and snarling at us?? Please Help Me, I do not know what to do. Susan Moore

Are you nervous or apprehensive when doing he cleaning? If yes, that may play into his reaction.... as Phil suggested, distract him with treats and try to make it a very pleasant situation. also, get him use to you touching and doing as you want with him, he needs to know you are his boss/alpha.

read the thread here in training/behavior 'Noting in Life is Free' great training tool that is very easy to follow.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Dana F
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
    Likes (Received)

We had the same problem with Stinky when trying to clean his tail pocket. I would hold a treat in one hand and try and clean with the other one. We ended up getting his tail removed. He had a inverted corkscrew tail. That's why we had trouble cleaning it. He was in pain. Now we just have to worry about his face.

Remove Ads