Peeing inside

Johnindelaware

Feb 14, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Piggy
I'm am seeking advice on a potty training routine for our new puppy, Piggy.

Someone is with her almost 24 hours but we are still have problems with her tinkling a few drops mid play inside.

I know she is still a baby but she is driving my wife crazy. I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If your pup is very young-you need to take her outside about every 15 minutes! Also as soon as they are finished eating, and if they have been playing! This is what I have always done.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Welcome to bully parenthood. Be patient, patient, patient. Someone needs to be on puppy patrol at all times during potty training and if someone is not watching them (eyes on them) then maybe have a crate available during those times. After they eat, take them out right away and on the hour and praise them when they do something outside. If they drink water, take them outside right away. If someone needs to do something and you don't want to crate them put them on a lease and keep them next to you so you can see when they need to do something. Watch their behavior and you will know when they need to go. It takes a little while for them to gain control over their bladder so again, patience, patience, patience and positive reinforcement. If the puppy starts to puddle and you catch it, say no, pick it up and take it outside right then. Be firm but stay positive, bullies get their feelings hurt very easy and work better with positive reinforcement. Before you know it your bully will be fully housebroken. In the mean time, try to keep her off the carpets until the puppy gets the hang of it. Good luck!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thats what I did as well, every 10-15 mins. Brutus was 8wks old when he came home. I did that for about a month until he really got the idea that he should potty outside. It is really hard for them to control it at that age. Taking them out frequently you are relieving them and giving positive praise each time they tinkle lets them know they are doing it right. They will want to continue to please you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: Congrats on your new baby... Love the name!

great advice form others, something to add is... A pup can only hold the bladder for 1 hour more than they are old. So, if they are two months old, three hours is the limit.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome3: Congrats on your new baby... Love the name!

great advice form others, something to add is... A pup can only hold the bladder for 1 hour more than they are old. So, if they are two months old, three hours is the limit.

Well, unfortunately no one ever told that to all the pups I have had! They never held it as long as it says, UNTIL they got older! (who said that, anyway? mine didn't obey-THEY chose Murphy's Law!!! :evil:)

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
There's a great article by someone on here on potty training, exact steps on how they did it. The way I'm doing it and how I started was crate training and using the word potty for every time we would go outside. Then praise galore!!! My Ace is food driven, so 3 lil kibbles every time he potties outside is a plus for him. We have maybe 2-3 accidents per week inside the house. Always correct on the spot, and take him outside so she can start putting 2 together. When I got Ace, my schedule was every 2 hrs at night and every hour during the day. I give him about 10 minutes after meal time then take him out. This works for me. You have to get a schedule. Consider yourself lucky that someone is with her 24hrs per day, my ace is the same :) good luck, patience and consistency is the key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.