Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Hi

Do you play fight with your bully?
Firstly diesel is scared of everything from his own farts to black bin bags. He loves to play fight but he's over rough and has just caught me again any ideas ?

Jj

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Nope. I don't want to encourage that kind of behavior so we stay away from it. We stick to the occasional tug o war and playing with balls and squeaky toys.

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
I sometimes play tug of war for a min or two making a barking sound, but don't do it often cause I don't want Ace to do that with my kids belongings. If he sees it's an ok behavior, then he will be more than likely do it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I have the same problem thanks to my husband who loves to rough house with him. He doesn't get that he can't jump on me the same way. Now we're trying to get him to stop but it's not so easy.

All I can say is when he starts, I get up and walk away. Give him my back. That seems to calm him down.

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Hey don't blame the man, it's the dogs fault here

Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Well.....we wanted rough tough bullies and Amber and Ruby both fit the bill. My daughter is in karate and kick boxing and she rough houses with both of them and so does my husband. Kristana chases them and they chase her; my only problem is my granddaughter is too small yet to play with them so we watch to make sure they don't get too rough with her and for the most part both understand she is too small to rough house. Now, my grandson is fair game and they steal his shoes, slippers, socks, and run because they know he is going to chase them. lol; in our house the humans are rough and so are the bullies, good times to be had by all!!

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
My son plays with Dually all the time and its usually pretty rough!! So now whenever my son walks in the room Dually will run, grab a toy, and then charge my son like a bull!! Its pretty funny to watch and he doesn't do it with anyone else so I guess its ok. If my son won't play with him he will take his toy and lay right outside of his bedroom door and wait!! Crazy dog!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nope. I don't want to encourage that kind of behavior so we stay away from it. We stick to the occasional tug o war and playing with balls and squeaky toys.

Exactly how we feel and you can really tell the difference in their attitude and behavior towards you if you do rough house with them. I think it's a big mistake too especially with the males because when they first come home you're play fighting with a 15 to 20 pound puppy and latter on down the line your defending yourself against a 60 pound Bulldog whose lunging at you full speed when you're laid out on the sofa.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It totally depends on the personality of the dog.... Banks we can not play fight with her - not an option. However, Nitshcke was the ultimate timid lovebug and play fight was one of his favorite things to do and he was always gentle.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
One of Vegas's favorite "game" with my husband, they fight and wrestle all over the living room floor until Vegas just quits and lays on the cool tile. Vegas sounds like he is the most vicious dog alive, but never has broke the skin or meant to hurt Joe. Now with me if I get down with him to "play fight" he won't even attempt to fight with me, he just sits by me and looks at me like Im crazy. lol

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue is 60lbs of muscle that loves to jump and nibble on my ear. When he does this, I get totally clawed up. Plus, twice now he's given me a bloody nose. I know it's only him playing but he only does "gentle" with things smaller than him.
So I just get up and walk away. He hates looking at my back so he stops the play fighting and cools down.

Chris, just rolls him over when it gets out of hand and Blue calms down. Then my hubs gets gentle kisses all over his face. I don't get it..lol..

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Oooh im so glad its not just me who has that trouble [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION]
my hubby loves to rough meeko up fight with him get a reaction where meeko pounces onto him. And (play) fights back. We have no end of arguments over this. I hate watching it and want him to stop doing it I hate it when meeko jumps at Jay play fighting and gets hyper and dominant.

My main concern is we have a 20month old skin baby and if meeko started to play rough with him he would have to go to a new home no questions asked but it wouldnt be his fault this is what I keep saying to hubby bit he just doesnt get it/listen!!
In my situation its the hubby that needs training to change jis ways not Meeko!!! :bang:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online