acting out!

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
Hercules has been acting out lately. I think it's because DAD has not been here for a little over two weeks and hercules is beginning to be very disobedient, he keeps escaping from his house, destroying shoes and now trying to chew on anything. I am wondering what i should do to let him understand that he is not the boss just because DAD is not here. i do tell him no and make it known that what he is doing is wrong but he still keeps acting up.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You're probably right that it's because dad is away. It's super important to make sure you correct him while he's doing whatever it is he shouldn't be doing or else he wont understand. When shouting no at Buster doesn't work we make sure we get eye contact with him and point at him and tell him not be a bad boy! It usually works out.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep... his OCD and schedule are off ..... have you read the thread 'sticky' titled Nothing in Life is Free .... use that and he will learn you are also his boss, not just Dad

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
Yep... his OCD and schedule are off ..... have you read the thread 'sticky' titled Nothing in Life is Free .... use that and he will learn you are also his boss, not just Dad

Thank you! I am going to go and read that because he has gotten a little better but not enough. And when I say a little better I think it's because he got a new house. What so you mean his OCD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you! I am going to go and read that because he has gotten a little better but not enough. And when I say a little better I think it's because he got a new house. What so you mean his OCD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldogs tend to be obsessive compulsive about some things or a lot of thing.... schdule is everything for them. Sort of like a person with OCD, everything happens at a certain tie and has a certain place -- right Kelly [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online