The Saga of Brutus & LuLu

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
Just when we thought everything was going in the right direction....... everything went backwards! Kind of an update off of LuLu's surgery from yesterday and EVERYTHING ELSE.

I apologize first for being long winded, but we need your thoughts and help! When we got LuLu it was a very sudden thing. The first weekend we had her we got her shots updated, and tried her with the other dogs. Since this was so sudden we already had plans to be out of town the following weekend for business that we couldn't cancel. During that week we started getting all four on a schedule, bumps in the road but NOTHING compared to now. The following weekend after her shots, we had to board LuLu since she wasn't completely integrated with the other three while we were out of town. She stayed with our vet, who is a godsend! When we picked her up, she was in heat......and Brutus had not been fixed yet 😁😭. So we spent the last week trying to keep them separated, LuLu peed on our bed, which then made Brutus pee on our bed which had NEVER happened before. He has always been perfect, in my mommy eyes. I know I know, he was marking his "spot". Today we got LuLu home from being fixed, and before so Brutus peed on the bed AGAIN! I know it's because of LuLu doing it first, but how do we make it STOP? We have bleached the sheets, comforter, mattress, & everything. Does anyone know of a chemical we could use to get rid of the scent?

Jay got LuLu home from the vet, she is sleeping peacefully, ate some breakfast and is doing good! Thank goodness! Thank you everyone for your warm thoughts!❤️🐾❤️ The vet said it will take 5 weeks for all the hormones that Brutus smells to go away. Also, LuLu keeps peeing/pooping in her crate. I've tried taking her blankets/bed away and still is doing it... any ideas? With Brutus once I took the blankets away he stopped.

Brutus is setup to get fixed on the 25th, as well as his teeth cleaned. Will he always mark like this now?

Needless to say with all this craziness going on we haven't put LuLu and Mary together again, but Jay is going to start trying to work on it a little this weekend when I'm out of town on business yet again! GRRR I'm done with business trips during all of this. Talk about terrible timing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
There is a product made by Natures Miracle, I'm not really sure of the name of it but it works well. Frankie marked in our house when we first got him. He will stop this if you can get rid of the smell. I would keep my bedroom door shut for now. We replaced the area rug in the living room where Frankie was marking and he has not marked since. I think the neutering will help with marking as well but that I'm not too sure of. You can find the Natures Miracle products at Petco. I'm sure they are fairly popular so you should not have any trouble finding it.

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
I found it! Thank you :) we have already tried bleach, and oxi-clean but neither did the trick. We want new bedroom furniture but we are going to wait till all this silliness is over. Brutus had already chewed our dresser, it looks like we have a beaver living there

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH.... have you tried flipping the mattress?

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
I wish we could, so bad! We have a pillow top :( LuLu even pooped on the guest bed yesterday..... What the hay!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I wish we could, so bad! We have a pillow top :( LuLu even pooped on the guest bed yesterday..... What the hay!

:hmm: do they have to work for ytheir attention or food? or do you always freely give it?

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
They get fed twice a day, 5 & 5. I make sure I spend time with each of them on their own so they get love and cuddles from me. They get ice as treats 3-7 times a day. Every time we get ice they come running for it 😃 Both have antlers to chew on and toys. We are always at home hanging out with them if we aren't at work.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
They get fed twice a day, 5 & 5. I make sure I spend time with each of them on their own so they get love and cuddles from me. They get ice as treats 3-7 times a day. Every time we get ice they come running for it  Both have antlers to chew on and toys. We are always at home hanging out with them if we aren't at work.

Great schedule..... but when they get the treats or meal, do you make them do something to get the food? Sit, stay, paw.... anything?

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus has to go to his spot and lay down until we give him his food. Lulu we are still working on, since we got her we have made her sit until we put her bowl down.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus has to go to his spot and lay down until we give him his food. Lulu we are still working on, since we got her we have made her sit until we put her bowl down. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent.... little buggers are really throwing some toddler :hissy: then.... :ponder:

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
I know! I just don't get it 😁 The vet said it could take 5 weeks for LuLu's scent/hormones to go back to normal, I'm hoping we get back to our old normal (which wasn't normal) sometime in that period. We are still keeping them separated right now.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.