Help Needed! 4 months old

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
And he still wants to bite everything. I try and let him he bites not all the time I can live him and pet him. But a lot of the time. Is it justa stage like my human sons teething or something. Do they hurt? If so is there something we can give him? His teeth are so sharp lol any advice will be great thanks

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
I've been having great success using this method for correction with my 12 wk old Ace:

every time he is trying to bite something or gnaw on your hand, place him on his tummy gently with a firm No or Stop! I make my hand into a shape of a claw, put it close to his neck and gently turn him over, making him be submissive. He has significantly stopped snapping at my kids and gnawing on my hands. I had all my family use this method to keep it consistent. So far so good. You can also try an empty water bottle with coins in it and shake it every time he try's to bite something he's not suppose to. Also redirect him and give him his toy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Pups will be pups and he will grow out of it soon. What we do is when they are biting our hand we will say no, and give him a chew toy, they will soon get the idea.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Pups will be pups and he will grow out of it soon. What we do is when they are biting our hand we will say no, and give him a chew toy, they will soon get the idea.

I agree with David, Some pups are worse biters than others. Bullies seem to be "notorious" for it! Whenever mine would bite, I would say "No bite" stick a nylabone or other tough toy in their mouth, and say"here,bite THIS!" At four months they are usually teething and biting is worse! Keep at it, and eventually it will slow down. Usually when they are finished teething-if you keep at it, they will stop the "people" biting! Provide plenty of tough, chew toys!

OP
satch1151

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
We try the chew toys and it's like he has no interest in them. Maybe I will take him to the pet store and let him pick one.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It will get much better once he is done teething, but what I do is YELP! when they bite and that seems to make them stop since they don't want to hurt me. But I do a very good dramatic yelp too. Ear piercing kind. :D

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We try the chew toys and it's like he has no interest in them. Maybe I will take him to the pet store and let him pick one.

Castor didn't appreciate chew toys at that age either, but I would hide a treat in a folded paper roll or egg carton for him (important to watch the puppy as he's not supposed to eat the cardboard, of course). Btw, he still loves those cardboard chews with a treat, but now he needs to work for them (stay, seek, etc).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Have you tried Kongs... put in freezer for a little bit and he may get an interset becasue the trexture is different

OP
satch1151

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Oh I will try that we have the Kong tire

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online