Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi everyone, this was sent to my e mail this morning, and I wanted to share it with you guys, especially since it doesn't really pertain to our bullies since they either don't have tails, or tails that wag, and they aren't usually aggressive. I guess the only thing that pertains to them is the wiggly bums, that only show love.

Three Signs that a Dogā€™s Wagging Tail Means Trouble
by VETDEPOT on JANUARY 21, 2014

Most of the time, tail wagging is a sign of a happy dog, but this isnā€™t always the case. Keep a lookout for these signs that a dogā€™s wag of the tail is actually a warning:

A slow, low wag: This type of wag can be a sign of insecurity. If a dog is feeling especially fearful, the tail may continue to wag even if itā€™s tucked between the legs. If you think a dog is feeling uneasy for any reason, be very cautious in introducing a new person or animal.

A slow, high wag: On the opposite end of the spectrum, a slow, high wag is often a display of dominance. Caution should be used if a dog is exhibiting this behavior.
A wagging tail accompanied by barking: This is often a warning sign of aggression or, at the very least, over-excitement.

Keep in mind that dogs naturally told their tails at different heights depending on the breed. A broad wag side to side typically indicates a happy pooch, especially if the hips are wiggling with the tail. The best way to tell if a dogā€™s tail wag is negative or positive is to observe his or her overall body language. Happy dogs generally seem relaxed, are holding their tail at its natural height, and arenā€™t showing any signs of anxiety or aggression.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Any way of telling when your pup has a corkscrew tail? Only thing that wags on him is his butt..lol..

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If a butt is wagging-it's usually a good wag!-- The tail article is right on-as I've had many tails!!!:p But I don't tell tales!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Any way of telling when your pup has a corkscrew tail? Only thing that wags on him is his butt..lol..

:rofl:Yeap. When the butt moves to the right you scratch it on the right and when it moves to the left you scratch it on the left. :rofl::rofl:So, you scratch right, scratch left and......work it, work it, work it. That is the bully shuffle. :rofl::rofl:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Ya' do the hokey pokey and ya' turn yourself around and that's BUTT it's all about! :bulldog::dance1:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@dalmatina38 & [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]...Y'all are killing me today...so darned funny :)

Love y'all and thanks for the laughs! GOD bless!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ya' do the hokey pokey and ya' turn yourself around and that's BUTT it's all about! :bulldog::dance1:

:rofl:Yeap. When the butt moves to the right you scratch it on the right and when it moves to the left you scratch it on the left. :rofl::rofl:So, you scratch right, scratch left and......work it, work it, work it. That is the bully shuffle. :rofl::rofl:

What were you two drinking yesterday??? :tapfoot:

:laugh:

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
agreed that is is a really good article but a little funny because hard to tell on a bullie. BUT a good butt wagging i think is always a good sign, i agree with you [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION].

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.