Why is my english bulldog / pitbull mix so stubborn

B

Baxter Tiberius

Not really even sure what a "testosterone stimulator" would even be .... Especially in a dog that has had his testosterone producing glands removed/disabled.

Only thing I can think of is hormone replacement therapy, which would be *adding* testosterone to the bloodstream like men with hypogonadism do (underfunctioning testes).

Doing this just further disables the entire hormone system that is inside the person/dog. Shutting it down completely.

For the life of me I never understand people who obsess on their dog looking muscular and "badass". Maybe my testosterone is low ...

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
oh my he is so handsome!!!!!! My pit she's not to stubborn but my English bulldog is so bad I just want to spank him LOL!!!! he loves when I spank his butt. these are my babies

Attachments

• DSCN0746_edited.jpg
    DSCN0746_edited.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 80
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Hey does testosterone boosters actually boost testosterone in neutered dogs... My vet tech friend says it would but I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried... Because honestly I never wanted my dog neutered my friend gave me him without telling me he was neutered lol

How olde is he? Remember the rule of thumb, first year they grow up in size, second year they fill out and get wider. I used to own pit bulls, and they vary in shapes and sizes. If it's not in their genes to grow thick dense muscle, he won't. Make sure you are feeding him a good kibble and good exersise. Forget about test boosters. In the human market, the majority of test boosting supplements don't work! So who knows what the outcome is in dogs. Good kibble and good exercise is your best bet. Good luck, he looks awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
B

billneed

Jan 26, 2014
Yea but test boosters will still put it in his bloodstream even without testicles and plus testosterone is produced in the adrenal glands aswell

OP
B

billneed

Jan 26, 2014
Actually if he had balls they would be red... He still has a sack bro just no balls and his sack is red not white

OP
B

billneed

Jan 26, 2014
No... I did but not till later that night I got him from a friend who got him from a pound like a week earlier...but he got diploid so he was taking him to pound because he had no one to take him so he gave him to me... And I didnt notice till that night and he never mentioned it

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
His muscles will develop just fine being neutered, plus as Pati has said, you can do activities to help exercise him to build muscle. I would not do the testosterone treatment.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Hey does testosterone boosters actually boost testosterone in neutered dogs... My vet tech friend says it would but I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried... Because honestly I never wanted my dog neutered my friend gave me him without telling me he was neutered lol

:w00t: you didn't see he had no balls!!

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Diesel is soooo stubborn. Half the time I can't stop laughing at him. (Put it down to personality and roll with it ) :-)

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Y not testosterone? Any actual reasons why? Anyone?

Cause there's no reason to, especially if it's for looks. Ask your vet and see what he/she says and get a professional answer. I wanna say that your vet will give you the same responses like the ones posted here in reference to exercise and good nutrition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
FDA is investigating the risk of stroke, heart attack, and death in men taking FDA-approved testosterone products. We have been monitoring this risk and decided to reassess this safety issue based on the recent publication of two separate studies that each suggested an increased risk of cardiovascular events among groups of men prescribed testosterone therapy. FDA is providing this alert while it continues to evaluate the information from these studies and other available data. FDA will communicate final conclusions and recommendations when the evaluation is complete. Surely the risk to your dog is not worth taking a chance of possible side effects.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.