Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Lol its not that they are stubborn they just think about how whatever your commanding them to do benefits them LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Gigi Girl

Oct 23, 2013
Rhode Island
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia
Gia is extremely stubborn. I want to rip my hair out sometimes.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
B

billneed

Jan 26, 2014
Hey does testosterone boosters actually boost testosterone in neutered dogs... My vet tech friend says it would but I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried... Because honestly I never wanted my dog neutered my friend gave me him without telling me he was neutered lol

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hey does testosterone boosters actually boost testosterone in neutered dogs... My vet tech friend says it would but I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried... Because honestly I never wanted my dog neutered my friend gave me him without telling me he was neutered lol

​Why in the world would you want to?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)

Can ask why you didnt want a dog that was neutered ? (Neutering prevents many health conditions as well as helps with behaviour issues
Not sure how your boy look like but bulldogs are not naturally as muscular as pits anyway-so your dog will be "as big" as his genes .
Also lack of testosterone (or small quantities ) in neutered males cribs their behaviour ;-)
Not sure why you were thinking of testosterone boosters -i can only think of one reason -muscle growth .
it is something people think will work quickly
I suggest engaging is some sporting activities like weight pulling instead to build muscle -we kept ours lean and they loved weight pulling (both of my males were neutered -with decent muscle weight)
Ps i would love to see pic of your boy

Last edited:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
They're bred to be independent thinkers due to the nature of the work that they were bred for - both English Bulldogs and Pitbulls. So, to find a pure bred EB or Pit that doesn't have that independent streak is rare. You just need to outsmart your dog to avoid stubborness - usually by finding his motivator - that is, looking for that one thing that your dog will do anything for. In my case, Bullie will do anything for a piece of sliced bread. Angus will do anything for a scratch behind his ears.

I'd stay away from testosterone boosters.

Last edited:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
They're bred to be independent thinkers due to the nature of the work that they were bred for - both English Bulldogs and Pitbulls. So, to find a pure bred EB or Pit that doesn't have that independent streak is rare. You just need to outsmart your dog to avoid stubborness - usually by finding his motivator - that is, looking for that one thing that your dog will do anything for. In my case, Bullie will do anything for a piece of sliced bread. Angus will do anything for a scratch behind his ears.

I'd stay away from testosterone boosters.
Yes, If you have ever read about the "original" bulldogs, they were very tenacious, and bred to "bull bait". Get a bull by the nose-and hang on!! Got to be fearless and pretty darn STUBBORN to hang on to a 2,000 lb. bull. So fear of us? NOT! Over the years, the dispositions have been greatly improved-but one trait pretty much remained-guess which one! Also-how could someone NOT noticed that the dog was neutered? Unless he had "Neuticles?" Giving testosterone would probably flip the poor dog out! Me thinks only a MAN would come up with an idea like that!! Just sayin.....:blush2:Please don't hate me, couldn't help it.....................:facepalm:

OP
B

billneed

Jan 26, 2014
uhy9y9y2.jpg
yea I understand everyone's point.... I just want my dog to be his full muscular build ....btw his name is drake

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I would think testosterone would make him more aggressive as well. I would have serious concerns about that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
uhy9y9y2.jpg
yea I understand everyone's point.... I just want my dog to be his full muscular build ....btw his name is drake

If you want a nice muscular bully -do some sport with him -i did with my amstaff and pit
Rather than go an easy route and risk behavioural problems due to testosterone levels
Its great way of bonding,anything from run ,high jumps and weight pulling will bring desired effects -just keep him lean ;-)
Hes adorable btw

dbutler813

Dec 26, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Beefy (Georgia)
Congrats your officially a bull dog owner they are very stubborn. But also cuddle bugs and great blankets

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.