Help Needed! Our bullie hates our new cat! Help any suggestions?....

Hwilliamsz28

Jan 26, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ladybug
We have one bulldog (ladybug) and a rottie. They are fine and loving99% of the time but ladybug barks and chases the new kitty that my daughter HAD to have!, ARRGH!! I'm going crazy
Can anyone help?!?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Give it time. Eventually the newness of the cat will wear off

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
there are a few members with bullies and cats.... let me tag acouple and they might be able to help

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Well, at this time my cats are barn cats, and they are outside. But when I had inside cats, I always made sure they had a place to escape to. I don't know if you have a cat box-or where, but you could make a little "kitty door" in the door of your daughter's room, so the cat can fit through, and the dogs can't. A cat can get through a pretty small opening! Your dog will eventually get used to the cat. If the cat stands his ground-it will happen sooner. If he runs-that just makes it more fun! Does the dog want to hurt the cat-or just play? When my cats come on this side of the fence-the dogs all want to sniff the cat, and they wind up squishing the cat on the ground! But they are not trying to hurt. It will take time(if you can stand it)eventually the dog will get used to having the cat around.
If the dog LIKES the cat, you could sit on the floor and let the dog sniff the cat for awhile. When I had a dog that kept "bugging" the cat-I put perfume on the cat's back(like a stripe down it's back) the dog didn't like the perfume-so she left the cat alone. Mostly, it just takes time. Cats and dogs have plenty of time:)Sorry I don't have a better idea for you.

Members online

No members online now.