Help Needed! potty problem

Sheilaanne

Dec 24, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Belle is house-trained, 16 months old. If she couldn't make it through the night she would come and wake me to go out and then go right back to bed. Now, she comes to wake me and I discover that she has already peed on the carpet. This is becoming a habit that I need to arrest!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Have you had her checked? she may have a UTI and can't hold it as she usually does? That would be my first plan.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

If not a UTI issue, then I suspect a behavior issue. Since she was able in the past to go the night, she can again.
Consider setting an alarm and get up to take her out BEFORE the normal time that she urinates. If she comes and wakes you around the same time, taking her out BEFORE that time can possibly prevent carpet peeing. Your dog might not like going out in the middle of the night but if they really have to go, they will. After a few days or even weeks of doing this....they will learn they DON'T want to get woken up and have to go outside at night, in the dark and cold in some parts of the country and world.

Good Day~

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Great advice given -i would check for UTI first
It sounds like Belle hit adolescence stage -you need to go back to basics with her potty training -start her routine again like you would do when she was a puppy .Also i suggest restricting her access to water after certain time

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.