feeding

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
i know i just posted but i have another help me please! but hercules seems to be eating way too quickly, like he hasn't eaten in days! should i help him to slow down?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
You can use a slow feed bowl, slow feed ball or put some water on his food and it will help but not fully stop how fast he eats. You could also hand feed him if you wish as that is the sloweest way to feed our pups.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I would give one of those slow feed bowls or balls that Todd mentioned a try. My two also gulp down their food like there's no tomorrow and the ball has helped them slow down a little bit.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
You got great advice above… until you get a slow feeder bowl, add some water to his kibble to get him to slow down.

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
thank you everyone, i will try the slow feed bowl for him. i just find it crazy that he eats in 3 mins or less and i don't want him to have any problems from doing so.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, Todd, Henny and Tracey all got you covered with great advice above. Welcome to the world of crazy bullies. Lol. I have two EB's and my female Blossom eats like a Hoover, she just inhales and then looks for me, after she eats, she always lets out the biggest belch, so unladylike. Lol. Then she looks for more, and has figured out how to open the dogfood bin with her nose, and will dive in and try to inhale that food too. I have to store the bin backwards so she can't open it, and I have to place the cat food up high so she doesn't inhale that too. She's so food motivated. She starts to cry and go crazy even when she hears a cereal bag being opened because she thinks it's food. Lol. We add 1/2 a cup of warm water to the kibble as well.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Gee-3 minutes to eat? that's forever ha!ha! Some slow feed bowls are like a maze-which I think would slow them down even better than the ones with just a "hump" in the middle.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
thank you everyone, i will try the slow feed bowl for him. i just find it crazy that he eats in 3 mins or less and i don't want him to have any problems from doing so.

3 mins!!! Wow, Banks is done in less than a minute!

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
I time him with how long it takes me to put my boots on for work. sometimes he beats me which is terrifying.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
nothing will stand between a bully and their food :) Lilly is a slow feeder with her kibble but will polish wet food in seconds

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
so i added water for now to his food and that slowed him down a whole lot!!!! which is good. but he still gives those HUGE puppy dog eyes when ever he see's any other type of food haha.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

I have many EBD's and while they eat fast, I have one that is lighting fast. She can eat her food in less than 30 seconds. I feed twice a day. I bought the slow feed bowl that has the x shaped which does slow her down a lot. I like that better than a ball or raised hump. I don't use water either.

Good Day~

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.