The destructor.

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
I'm not sure if this is a behavior thing or him just being a puppy but any type of toy Hercules will destroy that thing within the hour. Regardless of what its made out of, he'll find a way and he continues to nibble a lot on my fingers and when we had him around another dog he was playfully biting the other dogs face. So now i am fearful to bring him around other dogs because he really doesn't know to behave. i feel like it is him just being a puppy but if there is something else i can do to keep him a little more well behaved.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Yes, he's just being a puppy. Give him a sturdy nylabone to chomp on. If he chomps on you, give him a stern command to attract his attention so he will stop immediately. Playful biting on another dog is ok. Nipping is not ok. Same thing - stern command to attract his attention so he will stop immediately.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Typical puppy behavior. When he gets nippy redirect him to a toy. Be sure you are giving him toys designed for powerful chewers as they will last much longer. Anything else and it will most likely be gone in a matter of minutes or hours.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Bazza, still we destroy any toy and he is two, unless a very tough one like Kongs which is all we will give him. When he was a puppy with puppy teeth he used to try and bite us, but we would tell him sternly then give him what he is allowed to chew on, like his own toy, NOW he does not bite us. It is a puppy thing.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Very normal puppy behavior. I remember when Tate was young and he would bite at my hands and anything else he could get his mouth on to but that phase didn't last very long. The chewing and destroying things though…I think that subsided when they reached a little over 2yo.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I'm not sure if this is a behavior thing or him just being a puppy but any type of toy Hercules will destroy that thing within the hour. Regardless of what its made out of, he'll find a way and he continues to nibble a lot on my fingers and when we had him around another dog he was playfully biting the other dogs face. So now i am fearful to bring him around other dogs because he really doesn't know to behave. i feel like it is him just being a puppy but if there is something else i can do to keep him a little more well behaved.

Weeeeee the puppy stage :lol: I agree with the others, sounds like normal puppy behavior. Toys: some bulldogs can have stuffed toys and never tear them apart and some bulldogs make it their mission in life to kill the stuffie :lol: I prefer to buy toys like Nylabone, Kong or my dogs personal favorite the Jolly Ball line of toys and they are super tough!! Biting Fingers: redirection for this works wonders, give a firm "ATAT" sound and offer an acceptable chew item, you can also make a high pitch yipping sound, that is what a litter mate would do to say stop that hurts. Play Biting Other Dogs: Dogs will accept the play biting to a certain degree but they can and possibly will give a correction if things get to be too much, I always try to step in before it gets to that point by using a firm ATAT and the training technique of body blocking, I will step in front of the puppy and walk them backwards away from the other dog, letting them know that is unacceptable behavior. Hercules just needs to learn boundaries and with training and consistency that will happen :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.