47.7 KB · Views: 33

pattonsmom

Apr 9, 2014
CT
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
General Patton
Some may disagree with me but I had two crates when he was a pup! One for night night time, and one in the living room for "time outs". Every time he would do things that were unacceptable I said NO bite, and put him in time out crate. Trust me he got the message real quick lol! Some people say that I may teach him to hate the crate. However, that never happened. He loved his night night crate! But when I would scream NO he ran and hid under the table because he didn't want to go to time out lol
[MENTION=11439]4flowers[/MENTION] I complely agree with you. We have a zero tolerance for biting in our house and Patton gets a short time out every single time his teeth hits any parts of skin. He's starting to slowly get it, he's only a puppy, not even 4 months old yet. However he absolutely loves his crate and this hasn't changed that in any way. His crate is so comfy I'd sleep in it if I had to!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I am going through a similar thing but it's 2 pups being pups. I cannot do the coins because I have an 18 month bully who I trained using this method. The pups like the water spray however I put lemon in it today and it's early days but it's working.
The 2 crates thing may work but my fear is the pup then will relate to going to the crate when bad, this will confuse at time out / night time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

They really don't relate it to being bad. I did this with Brutus when he was going through this. Even to this day, I will put them both down for naps if they are really out of control and not listening. When Bru was little and really nipping, I would sternly say, "no biting" then I would put him in his crate. Most of the time he needed a nap and would fall asleep and wake up being my sweet little boy. If he did not fall asleep, he was only in there for a few minutes so he understood that if he wanted to be with the family biting was unacceptable. Most times he needed the nap. I always try to equate them with infants. When you have an infant that is crying and fussy, you put them to bed. Same with bullys.

Peter Lynn Westre

May 9, 2014
I had help from her trainer in class. It did start from the down command.

We would cue relax and treat her when she put her head down. "good relax"
It takes awhile for her to get it but now I can ask her are you relaxed and she will put her foot back.

The behavior is so strong now that she "throws" the behavior if she is unsure as to what I am asking her to do.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.