Other Exciting update on Gretchen

michelle23093

Mar 17, 2013
virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretchen
For those of you that have seen my posts and replied with great advice about Gretchen, I have a great update for you. I will first just explain to everyone that she was extremely agressive and she would bite at me often especially if she felt threatened. She was hard headed and I was at my breaking point with her. She was ab abused rescue. very sweet and loveable but I feared the time when she snapped.
I was able to find a trainer in my area that was more concerned with my safetly than the payment. He worked with me on the payment arrangement. she has returned from her 2 week training a much different dog. She has learned basic commands and her agression has calmed some. I am working closely with the trainer to help me fix the problems we have between each other. she is now starting to gain respect from me. its still a battle and a slow process but she is now the dog that I don't fear as much. it seemes I needs as much training as her. I am hoping for more progress as time goes on. I don't expect over night changes. she has so much love to give as well as I do with her. wish me luck on the journey. By the time it all ends I will be a trainer myself LOL, thanks for everyone that offered me guidance in the past and didn/t make me feel bad about the problems we were having.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
We are not here to make anyone feel bad! I am so happy things are looking up with your baby!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad to hear that things are getting better… Good luck on your journey w/Gretchen!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:clap: What a wonderful update! Slow and steady progress is what you want and need.... time and patience will pay off big.

So happy for both of you - please continue to keep us posted and we would LOVE to see new pictures of your girl

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's great news! It really sounds like you found a good trainer, good job!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Michelle, I'm SO happy to hear this progress with Gretchen :) You did find yourself a great trainer, it sounds. Patience, consistency, more patience, and a whole lot of love and I know you will get there!

OP
michelle23093

michelle23093

Mar 17, 2013
virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretchen
Ill post pictures soon. I got a new computer and don't have any pictures on it yet.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Fantastic news xxxx i dont think anyone wanted you to feel bad in any way xxx i hope to see some pictures and posts about your girlie xx

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Yea , that is very good news .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online