Agression between Bullies help

Reeter16

Jun 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Veruca
Ok im so lost here. I have a 4 year old female english and a 1.5 year old male english. They have be fabulous together, they used to play and wrestle, sleep together etc. All of a sudden about a week ago, the male attacks the female. Full on like there killing each other, blood everywhere! It has happend a few times now. Today when it happend we locked the female in a bedroom. The male just stood outside the door and paced... Once we tried to put them back together he attacked her again. We cannot find any reasons for it. The male is not nuetered yet..
Help any ideas!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
You might want to bring him into the vet and have a check up. He may not be feeling well and is taking it out on his sister. Neutering him will help also. If you are not breeding him a vet usually will recommend neuter anywhere between 6mos-1yr old.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Great advice given -vet check is something worth doing
Also try to look what could trigger his behaviour
It could be food,toys also dominance or anything silly -finding a trigger and removing it wont solve the problem but it could prevent future fights

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Very good advice already given. Just wanted to add, if the vet check up looks fine and all, try to walk them together. I understand that when both dogs who may not always get along, are in a neutral environment, they can then focus on their surroundings and not so much on each other and hopefully this will carry over to when they're both home together. Is your male bully getting regular exercise already? And the neutering may indeed help him with the aggression (tho not always the case).

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.