Humping

Gigi Girl

Oct 23, 2013
Rhode Island
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia
Gia is almost two and has been spayed since she was 6 mos old. My question is about humping. Ive always heard that they do this to show you they are in charge but I have to tell you, when she is doing it she will hold on to our arm and she looks at us so lovingly lol. She doesnt look aggressive or mean while doing this. Does anyone else experience this?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yes, it's true that humping is a way for a dog to show her dominance. The fact that she looks so joyful while doing it just means she's having fun at the same time! :yes:

dbutler813

Dec 26, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Beefy (Georgia)
When my female (spayed) bully sits on the tile floor she starts to lick the air and withing about 30 seconds or so she begins to hump the floor I'm confused about this as well she is 3 years old and has been spayed since she was a pup I have no clue why it happens but it does.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

OP
Gigi Girl

Gigi Girl

Oct 23, 2013
Rhode Island
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia
Its strange about the dominance cuz mainly she does this to my husband. He is the only one in the house that she actually listens to and seriously follows him around like he is Gods gift.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with everyone's comments above. I truly never knew that females actually humped, I had posted a thread on this subject before because my female Blossom sometimes humps us, and she tries to hump her brother a lot, especially when playing. I read it's a dominance thing, not really an aggressive thing, because Blossom doesn't have an aggressive bone in her body, but she definitely is the boss of her brother.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Its strange about the dominance cuz mainly she does this to my husband. He is the only one in the house that she actually listens to and seriously follows him around like he is Gods gift.

Then she realizes HE is the only one she needs to try and prove 'ownership' over.... she must know she already is 'above' all others. :eek:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Dominance -my girls hump each other ;-) (one is spayed one not)
But they both stop what they doing with a no command

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
haha i cant help but think about her picture in the contest! her face says it all! that photo is THE BEST!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue's not fixed and he humps us once in awhile. I also noticed he likes to hump pups with LARGE behinds. They're usually bigger than him so it's hysterical watching him hump the air.. lol.. The owner of the humped pup doesn't usually find it funny :ashamed:.. oh well, he's a bulldog (my excuse for everything he does wrong).

I'm not convinced it's all dominance. I think it sometimes happens when they play, or maybe they're just horny pups :D

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Ugh I wish I could help. Daisy still humps me.... And only me. She will stop with a no and a spray from the water bottle but.... She will do it again in 10 mins.

OP
Gigi Girl

Gigi Girl

Oct 23, 2013
Rhode Island
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia
Blue's not fixed and he humps us once in awhile. I also noticed he likes to hump pups with LARGE behinds. They're usually bigger than him so it's hysterical watching him hump the air.. lol.. The owner of the humped pup doesn't usually find it funny :ashamed:.. oh well, he's a bulldog (my excuse for everything he does wrong).

I'm not convinced it's all dominance. I think it sometimes happens when they play, or maybe they're just horny pups :D

I do the same thing! Or my favorite is "shes still a puppy" my husband keeps asking when she won't be a puppy anymore. At the moment I tell him 3. But when shes 3 I will probably change it to 4 ;)

OP
Gigi Girl

Gigi Girl

Oct 23, 2013
Rhode Island
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia
Ugh I wish I could help. Daisy still humps me.... And only me. She will stop with a no and a spray from the water bottle but.... She will do it again in 10 mins.

Gia.will stop if we tap her bum or push her off but shes back.up there in no time also.

OP
Gigi Girl

Gigi Girl

Oct 23, 2013
Rhode Island
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia
Dominance -my girls hump each other ;-) (one is spayed one not)
But they both stop what they doing with a no command

I have come.to the conclusion that Gia is the worst behaved bulldog on this forum lol. I tell her no and she barks back at me.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Nahg -Lilly argues all the time xx

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I have come.to the conclusion that Gia is the worst behaved bulldog on this forum lol. I tell her no and she barks back at me.

Hey! How is Gia doing? Daisy is still humping.. She seems to do it most when I tell her no.. In that aspect she is a very bad girl! Oh and she hates the squirt bottle, I was in the other room and guess what she found to destroy... Yep the squirt bottle..She knows her enemies lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.