Needy

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
Hello, so I do know that English bulldogs are very affectionate dogs but Hercules seems to be overly needy and also extremely jealous. Although I think it's cute that he is my shadow, I feel like I can't go anywhere without him feeling lonely and if I'm with my boyfriend he has to be in the middle. No one can get closer than Hercules. Is there something I can do or is it just a stage.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Welcome to the wonderful world of bullies. They are affectionate and love to be as close as possible to their humans especially when they are young and can be very demanding for attention both good and bad as they want nothing else than to be loved on and give love back. My Harlea follows me or anyone else near by around most of the time and when I st next to my wife on the couch she has to be in between us. To her it is a chance to get twice the loving that one person can give.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Our Ruthie is the same way. No one else can get lovin, just her and she will do what it takes to get it.
What has worked for me to distract her from being all up in my business all the time is just wearing her out. Exercise, play, give her a nylabone to chew on. That allows for attention and then also once she's wore out there is a little space happening to do what I need to do.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hercules loves you. His attitude is what can make a difference. Is he getting between you to get attention, or is he being overly protective? If he is acting overly protective of you-that could turn into something worrisome. If he just is looking for attention-that is normal! Do you have a crate for him. You could crate him sometimes, when you want alone time with your boyfriend. But also give him playtime with your boyfriend, so he doesn't resent him! I can't pet or play with one of my dogs-as the others are jealous-but not "mean" jealous. If I want to give only ONE at a time attention, I have to take them in another room-and close the door!! TOO much Bully love!:inlove:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ah, Bulldog lovin'..... I agree with all the others, this is part of being a Bully owner -- they will have one human that they need to be 'attached to at the hip, er, ankle'.

Banks is like this with my B/F, she is Daddy's girl! Our Frenchie is like this with me... as soon as Lewis hugs me, Chelios is jumping on his leg trying to get him off of me

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Our Buster is attached to my wife like glue, I think it's all part of being a bulldog.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.