Help Needed! Restless

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
OK I do have a question that has been bugging me. Rambo seems to have the hatdes5 time getting comfortable. He will get up whine walk around whine get up whine and so on. It just seems he is up and down and then finally he will sleep for a while but in the middle of the night do it again. Is this something most bullies do?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
None of mine does it unless there is something they want... Bennie does it when he needs to go out, Boeboe does it when she's bored and Joey when it's around food time. Well, they don't whine but they walk around like they are restless, but it doesn't happen very often.

Has he done it all his life or did it suddenly start? Maybe he's hurting or is uncomfortable with something? Can something be bothering him? Ears, folders, teeth? I don't know about food, maybe tummy pain? My Bennie can't eat Lamb and Boeboe is not doing well with dairy... It's all guesses:blush2: Hopefully someone will come along that can explain it:)

OP
satch1151

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
He has done it since we got him and I have him on a no grain food that the breeder suggested. It is weird but he does lay down and sleep.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Is he about 15 weeks by now? Maybe it's just that he misses his siblings and mother? If you're close to where his mother lives you could take a blanket there and rub it on her and take it back to him... [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] suggested that to me when my Bennie was sad cos Boeboe was in hospital for 4 days, I don't know if that will make it worse though:unsure: (Cheryl, what do you think?). If my bully babies had trouble sleeping I had an old scarf I used to wear all the time that I put in their bed... maybe he just feels lonely:)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
True, he could still be adjusting to missing his Mom & siblings.

What food is he on?...is he chewing his paws, etc, have bad gas,
red ears, chin, face or rashes on body? If so, he could have an
allergy and/or what do you give as treats?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
When we brought Vegas home to live with us, his breeder threw a brand new blanket into the puppy pen and the remaining puppies jumped on it and played with it. She gave it to us for him. He was 10 weeks. If I remember right......it took him about a week to adjust to being with us. If it's been going on longer...I dont have a clue. He's a puppy....they love to sleep. Restless shouldn't be an issue I don't think.

Hopefully someone else has a better suggestion.

OP
satch1151

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
I have him on grain free all stage food that's what the breeder feed him. No rashes but I thought his eyes were red but was Todd he looks OK. I did find that while he is moving all over I talk to him he calms down and will snuggle with me or our female dog.

Utley

Jul 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Utley and Bella
Our bully did this when he was a puppy. Sometimes something was wrong, had to go potty, teething, and other times he just wanted to play or snuggle. He did out grow this eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Try giving him one of your t-shirts to sleep on or with.... see if it helps. Also, if it is at night, could be he just did not get enough play time in

OP
satch1151

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Oh he gets the play time lol when he is awake he is playing with my male dog and the female will jump in sometime.

BabyFarrahsmommy

Sep 28, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farrah
My puppy does this too, which is why I came to read this thread. She just can't seem to get comfortable when she's clearly so very tired. Her eyes get red too when she needs to sleep. I think her teeth hurt. Right now she is literally attacking her kennel, she is beyond tired. I think I might give her a half dose of benadryl tonight.:unsure:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My puppy does this too, which is why I came to read this thread. She just can't seem to get comfortable when she's clearly so very tired. Her eyes get red too when she needs to sleep. I think her teeth hurt. Right now she is literally attacking her kennel, she is beyond tired. I think I might give her a half dose of benadryl tonight.:unsure:

When did you get your puppy n how old is your puppy? Btw, did you check inside the ears? Does she do this mostly at night?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online