bed wetting at night

Richard Jones

Dec 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nate
As some of you might remember, our bulldog is a leaker "Sir Leak-a-lot" We had gone through all kinds of tests to find nothing. I guess that is good. Nate is now 14 months old and it his leaking has gotten better, or should I say we have found ways to better deal. However, he cannot make it through the night. He literally wets in his sleep. Because the weather is so cold right now I have not resorted to taking his blanket out of his crate. However, I truly believe it would not make a difference. Any other suggestions?
:confused:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hello. Sorry, I have not seen your previous posts-but what did your veterinarian say about his' leaking? If he has a hard time holding his urine, perhaps you have to get him up several times a night to go out. If he has a medical issue-he may not be able to hold it all night. Or he may be a heavy sleeper-and not wake up,feeling that he has to pee. It sounds like he has had medical issues, and he may never be able to "hold" all night. You can buy washable quilted pads-with waterproof backing. They are for humans, who are bed ridden. Not knowing his history-those are my suggestions. Someone more knowledgeable will be along.....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Outside of a night time schedule i have no suggestions, sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
When Castor wet his bed while sleeping I was advised here on EBN to check whether there he was sleeping in a draught. We closed the windows and the bed wetting stopped!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Yeap. check for drafts of any kind; Amber can not sleep anywhere near the air conditioning vents, it will cause her to pee while she is sleeping. Also, restrict water after curtain hours of the evening helps to some degree. My girls usually go out for their last time around 830pm to 930pm and we are up at 5am. If nothing else, maybe putting some type of diaper on during the night might be an option. Good luck.

Gigi Girl

Oct 23, 2013
Rhode Island
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gia
Gia has to go out by 6am or she will pee in the crate. I keep all her blankets out of the bed and also put a dyson heater near

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
Richard Jones

Richard Jones

Dec 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nate
I do believe Nate is such a sound sleeper that he doesn't realize he has peed. We are going to keep working on it. May try and get up several times during the night also. We do take his water away and I am going to check for drafts and he crate is in our laundry room now, maybe I will relocate it in a warmer area. He does love laying near our woodstove.

005.jpg

OP
Richard Jones

Richard Jones

Dec 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nate
Its crazy, because he was laying in front of our woodstove snoring away, and we literally watched a tiny drop of urine come out. Have never seen anything like this.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

I also have a male who is a bed-wetter.
I can't put towels or any bedding in his crate cuz he shreds them. So, I have a unique way to handle.

I have the large size crate and have two plastic bottoms. The top one was an old one that had cracked in several places ( i nvere got around to throwing it away). So I have a new one on the bottom, blue absorbant pads as was described above on the bottom pan and then the cracked pan on the top. When he pees during the night or when I am gone, the urine runs out of the cracks and holes in the top layer and gets soaked up into the blue pad. It helps to keep him much dryer since he doesn't lay in it. I still have to bath him every other day but not nearly as pad or gross and just laying in his own urine. I have tried to cut off water at 6 pm and take him out many times up until bed time at 9:30-10. He is out at 6am every day...but 5/7 days he has wet the bed.

Good Day~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.