HELP needed- My dog is obsessed with birds

Wee Angus

Apr 1, 2013
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
My 16 month old bulldog is obsessed with birds. Everyday crows swoop down and feed on the hill being my yard and drive my dog crazy. He barks and runs all over the yard trying to get the crows. He is out of control. I have tried a bark collar, spray collar, spraying him with a squirt bottle, however he is impervious to all attempts to stop him. I worry the neighbors will become annoyed by this barking, so I lock him in his kennel. Any suggestions of how to stop this behavior?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Are the crows there all the time or only during specific times of the day? I listen to this pet behaviorist out here in So Cal who sometimes advises on the use of an airhorn for behaviors you would like your bully to change. Just blow it when Angus starts going nuts over the crows and see how he responds. I've never used one myself but it may be worth trying. You can buy airhorns on Amazon, btw.

Oh, and Angus is a real cutie!!

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wish I knew.... My Frenchie is the same way and I have yet to get him to stop.... Heaven chases the shadow on the ground

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I wonder if there's a way to stop the crows from feeding in that area?

On a lighter note, the title made me :giggle:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If you can do this(don't hate me) if you kill a crow, and hang it where the other crows can see it-they will not come back. They will move on.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.