Help Needed! I have a question about teaching

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Well more like who. I tell my wife that if he is doing something to her that she is the one to correct him instead of everyone trying to. Like if I am telling him no and trying to do the tssssst lol like ceaser does that she should not jump in. Same thing with the boys they should be standing their ground and telling him. It's this right or since my other dogs already see me as the pack leader should I be doing it most of the time?

And one more thing just wondering if this is true. My other dogs lick my nose all the time and everyone I talk to day that is good because they see me as the dominant male of the house.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon licks my face all the time but I agree that whoever he is doing the unacceptable behavior to should be backing you up on the correction

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Personally, I think whomever the dog is misbehaving with-should be the one to correct him-BUT you must all be on the same page-as far as your corrections. Each person must use the same correction for whatever the behavior is. If everyone corrects differently-he will never learn at all-he would be so confused. If you are the ONLY "corrector" he will not listen to, or respect anyone else. You must be consistant with corrections-and all use the same commands. As for the nose licking? Maybe you have a runny nose?!! Don't know about that......:p

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
What is is with a domination , sorry my dogs always kiss my nose and hubby ,i don't see it as them seeing me as a dominant person -they usually do it to show me an affection followed by big waggly tails ;-)

Great advice was already given ,regarding set of rules, way of teaching your dog and correction -make sure everyone does it in the same way ,and follow the rules set it will stop the confusion

OP
satch1151

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Lol I asked somewhere else because they always lick my nose and people where saying in the wild that's what they did to Hey fed

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Personally, I think whomever the dog is misbehaving with-should be the one to correct him-BUT you must all be on the same page-as far as your corrections. Each person must use the same correction for whatever the behavior is. If everyone corrects differently-he will never learn at all-he would be so confused. If you are the ONLY "corrector" he will not listen to, or respect anyone else. You must be consistant with corrections-and all use the same commands. As for the nose licking? Maybe you have a runny nose?!! Don't know about that......:p

I agree completely!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Lol I asked somewhere else because they always lick my nose and people where saying in the wild that's what they did to Hey fed

Oh yeah? I wonder what always asking for a butt scratch meant in the wild? :w00t:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Personally, I think whomever the dog is misbehaving with-should be the one to correct him-BUT you must all be on the same page-as far as your corrections. Each person must use the same correction for whatever the behavior is. If everyone corrects differently-he will never learn at all-he would be so confused. If you are the ONLY "corrector" he will not listen to, or respect anyone else. You must be consistant with corrections-and all use the same commands.

^^^^ totally agree with Lyn's post.

As for the face lickig, yes dog to dog, it means acceptance of thier lead role in the pack, but I am not sure it means the same from dog to human. Could, as Banks' is obsessed with licking Lewis' face, but she will not lick my face.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I don't know what I would do without my daily face bath. I have asked everyone in my house to correct bad behavoir the same way I do so everythkng remains consistent. Heck for somethings like going afrer feet I resort to barking and growling at her and it actually works. After about 10 seconds of doing it she submits and exposes her belly to me. Now getting the rest of the family to do the same with a straight face is almost impossible.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I hope a butt scratch in the wild means something good-'cause that's all I get tricked into here!(ahem-I ONLY have dogs at home!)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I always get tricked into that!!! I'm with Lynn I hope it means something good

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.