Help Needed! Chewing All of a Sudden

NicoleP

Dec 20, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hi all. Im new to this! 5 months ago we adopted a 10 month old female bulldog from the animal shelter, she had been brought in as a stray. We brought her home to discover she knows her basic commands, is fully potty trained & great with our kids, how lucky! Prior to this week she's never chewed a thing, but now every time I leave the house I come home to things destroyed. I'm not sure why she's doing this now. My husband believes she's going to go into heat soon, could that possibly be a reason?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, Ellie might be doing this because she is bored when she is alone, or she may be showing signs of separation anxiety when you guys leave, since she doesn't chew when you are home. You might try crating her when you aren't home, our two guys eat everything, especially my male Bulldozer he eats socks, dishcloths, blankets, pillows, soft toys, and he loves to chew on electrical cords when we aren't watching him, so for his own protection, we have to crate when we aren't home.

OP
N

NicoleP

Dec 20, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Was thinking a crate was what I needed. Thank you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep, Monica nailed it.... Give her a couple of safe toys antler or longs to keep her busy while you are away

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.