Pulling towards cars

hutchie

Oct 17, 2013
Cumbria Lake District
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley
When i walk Marley near traffic he pulls towards cars. He pulls that hard that if i didnt have a good grip he would get ran over.
Does anyone else have this problem with there Bulldog?
I would be thankfull of any advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
When i walk Marley near traffic he pulls towards cars. He pulls that hard that if i didnt have a good grip he would get ran over.
Does anyone else have this problem with there Bulldog?
I would be thankfull of any advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buster did this and it took me awhile to break him of the habit. The only thing that works is to get his attention off the cars and on to you. I tried taking treats with me and when he started I yelled out his name and held the treat out. It's really frustrating but it will get better. Buster hardly does it at all anymore.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Just have to re-direct his attention when he does that, usually a quick tug to the side with the leash works or a bump on the rear with your foot to get is attention and tell him NO at the same time and he will soon get the message.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
the guys got you covered... practice and treats... redirect as much as you can and try to get his attention before the pulling/barking starts

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.