london

Jan 15, 2013
highland indiana
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
london
HI
i sure hope someone can help me out there. My 2 yr old bull dog has started attacking my little dog. We have had toy issues in the past and now everytime i turn around she has my little dog in the corner attacking her. if we cant get her to stop i may have to find her another home. im going to be a 1st time grandmother in March and can not have dog fights in the house. Please help:confused:

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Hello..sorry I can't help you. I've never had that problem. Maybe someone else can. Good luck!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Have you taken him to training classes? What other behavior issues are going on... disrespect to you or other family members? Does he seem to be in pain or is your little dog in pain? How old is the second dog?

sorry for the delayed response.... i will also tag a few other members that are good with training issues

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@2BullyMama...Thank you, Christine for tagging me!

@london..Please forgive the delay in responses, I actually responded to your post
but when I hit Send, I'd lost my Internet, I see it never posted~we had storms &
continued to have an extreme winter storm for Central TX, just now warming up.

I'd suggest googling NILIF (Nothing In Life Is Free) a wonderful behavior help that
achieves astounding results in a short period of time. It involves hand feeding and
your dog starts understanding that everything comes from YOU and that YOU are
in charge, not the dog. Your dog sees herself as the pack leader...that has to change
for this behavior to stop. You need to claim the little dog as YOUR dog, not hers. There
are signals that you can see before it starts, learn to nip it in the bud~unwavering staring,
stiffened body, fur raised up. I'd suggest crating the bully or putting in another room if
you can't be paying attention to see these signals & stop it before it starts up or will be
gone from the home. I will PM my PH # if you'd like to call me and discuss this more.
Do you want to keep your bully or are you overwhelmed? No judgement, I'm a believer
in doing the best for ALL concerned and have had to rehome my own pets. I give back by
taking in dogs & cats when I can and my last 2 bullies, I adopted :) and my 15 y/o cat came
up as a stray kitten. Bullies are stubborn and can 'bully' the more timid so often. It can be
fixed w/patience, commitment & time. GOD bless & let us know how it goes, we do care!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am so sorry to hear this. I have been "lucky" over the years, and x so far x have not had this problem. My dogs play very rough, and sometimes DO get carried away-and I have to stop them, and make them settle down. I know this is a difficult issue for you. Don't know if you had bullie since he was a pup? What is going on when it happens-a reason-no reason? Even when I have adopted adult rescues-this never occurred. (I hope It never does..) I am sorry that I can't give you a solution. I would, though, leash your bull,and leave leash on-so that you can get a quick hold and correct quickly. Crate him when you can not be there to watch. Start over-as if he were a pup, and do not "baby" the little one in front of him, when he is in the crate-or watching. Make sure they get equal attention. Yes, feed him by hand-gain his respect and attention on you. It will not be easy-but obedience training starting as day 1 may help. Sorry I can't be of more help. It could be a jealousy issue. Also, have your bullie check ed out by the vet to make sure he doesn't have physical pain.....Best of luck to know. I know this is so upsetting...
Carol has given you some good tips.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I am so sorry to hear this. I have been "lucky" over the years, and x so far x have not had this problem. My dogs play very rough, and sometimes DO get carried away-and I have to stop them, and make them settle down. I know this is a difficult issue for you. Don't know if you had bullie since he was a pup? What is going on when it happens-a reason-no reason? Even when I have adopted adult rescues-this never occurred. (I hope It never does..) I am sorry that I can't give you a solution. I would, though, leash your bull,and leave leash on-so that you can get a quick hold and correct quickly. Crate him when you can not be there to watch. Start over-as if he were a pup, and do not "baby" the little one in front of him, when he is in the crate-or watching. Make sure they get equal attention. Yes, feed him by hand-gain his respect and attention on you. It will not be easy-but obedience training starting as day 1 may help. Sorry I can't be of more help. It could be a jealousy issue. Also, have your bullie check ed out by the vet to make sure he doesn't have physical pain.....Best of luck to know. I know this is so upsetting...
Carol has given you some good tips.

Lynn @Manydogs...is correct, use a leash on her when not crated and keep
her right with you. It's a pain but usually doesn't take long. Much easier and
quicker to immediately disagree with her behavior and correct it.

Knew I forget sumptin' lol

BullyDozer

Oct 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I recently tried PetCorrector spray, http://www.petcorrector.com, when my dogs were misbehaving. You will be surprised how quickly they stop acting up with a quick spray. I would state a firm NO with the spray and as time went on I only had to say no to stop their misbehavior. The key to success is the timing of when you use the spray.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
So sorry i just noticed the thread tag
bulldogs can be teritorial (toy agression -we got food agression and sometimes lily just looking for a fight!)
it is all manageble for us here as we had quite a few agressive dogs

we are just lucky that our other dogs were much bigger than a bulldog
you need to go back to basics (like others have mentioned -great advice)
it will take time and patience,and make sure yiu involve all the family so they know the rules
find and eliminate the teiggers ,make sure you know the situations that usually start the dog off ( they are different types of agressiom terytorial or fear influcted -you could say that reytorial (guarding toys-can be also associated with fear)
Separate both dogs when you cant supervise them ,forget pet correctors(i tried to see what is in it but as im on a mobile i cant load ingridience- if it scare your dog it will work but it wont solve the problem
Give them time out to calm down ,make sure your dog is healthly too. (No underyling health conditions) if dogs fight over toys remove them -treat them as a REWARD -they need to earn it with good behavior
when lily gets her rags off (she started food agression after ahy was stealing her food (my fault for not looking but im a carer for my husband so i cant be in 2 places at once) so wr feed them separate -they can see eatch other through baby gate -and both need to sit and wait untill i let them have their food - if lily starts growling -i imidietly take fois of her ,hand feed both of them instead -if she missbehave i stop their food we got scraps but only if food is present -so they are separed on time our-that is our trigger , basicly what we do you could apply for the toy -train them and as a reward give them toys -but do it slowly dont expect 2 dogs be best buddies straight away xx
Sometimes proffesional help is needed to asses the situation amd triggers and give you pointers (you are in the luck as both of your dogs can hear -i was advised once to bang lound pans if i cant separe the dogs-never tried it as i have a deaf dog (shes trained to lie down on command -lily need to sit ,and then there is a time out)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.