General Question Anyone try Agility Training?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
For awhile now, I've been thinking of getting the boys some agility training toys for the backyard. I kept looking online for equipment but never took the plunge. After seeing Chumley's video of him in the tunnel today, I decided to finally buy them an agility set--it will be their Christmas present!

Anyone else here have any experience with agility training for their bully? I'm curious to see how Tate and Finn will like their new toys!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I knew a Bully named Barney -- he was AWESOME in it and since it was not expected of him to be able to do alot of it because of his short legs -- it was highly entertaining too

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was just thinking about that too. This last weekend I was watching some K-9 agility program on tv and was thinking if anyone ever got their bulldog into it. I'm sure those 2 boys will love the new setup!! I would love to know how they act when you get it set up. :) To me Finn seems fit as a fiddle and I think he would do well with it, how fun!

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
yup, Chunk really enjoys agility classes at the zoom room!!! I always brag that he's the fastest bully in class .... but yeah he is the only one :eek: start slow, lots of treats and praise!!! and soon Tate and Finn will be jumping through hoops (for real!) with excitment!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yup, Chunk really enjoys agility classes at the zoom room!!! I always brag that he's the fastest bully in class .... but yeah he is the only one :eek: start slow, lots of treats and praise!!! and soon Tate and Finn will be jumping through hoops (for real!) with excitment!!

this demands VIDEO!! :D

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thanks for all the encouragement, gang! I ordered the set today and should be arriving in about 1 week. :excited:
[MENTION=7467]truffle shuffle[/MENTION], I didn't know Chunk was doing agility classes! that's awesome!
[MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION], when i get it set up and running, would love for you to bring Buster over so he can check it out too. We'll have to set up a playdate.
And you're probably right about Finn--he's not afraid of anything and i think he'll love the challenging obstacles. My butterball Tate on the other hand...well, we'll see!

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
That sounds like a lot of fun! It will wear them out too! Lol I should look into that for Brie as well as my other dog!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.