Stinky is biting..

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
I don't know what to do about Stinky. Looks like a few other on here are having the same problem. Stinky acts like 2 different dogs at times. When its bath time he will run and jump in the tub. He will let me wash him with my hand but not a wash cloth. I like to wash is face and ears with a cloth. He will put his teeth on me but not bite hard. I know its still a bite. When I go to rinse him off he acts like a crazy dog. The water temp is the same. I don't get water in his face. Don't know what happens to him. If you drop something he is right on it. and won't let you have it. If you try and take it from him he will growl. I must say it does scare him. I do get scare he will bite me and then I will be afraid and will never trust him again. Leon gets upset with me and tells me not to be scared of him. Some times he will let you take his bone or toy away and other times he will bite ya. I tried the water bottle but he wants to drink it...lol He will drop it when I spray him...but I don't always have a water bottle with me. I don't want to be scared of him nor do I want him to REALLY bite me. when he was younger he would drop it when I told him too. I don't know what happen. Why did he change? Like I said he acts like 2 different dogs. When I feed him I make him sit and stay until I tell him to eat .I will touch him when eating. He will wait and let me outside first. I don't want a dog that am scare of. He used to be good at the vets and now they have to muzzle him..even that's a job. My family tell me that every time he goes to the vets he has something cut off. It shouldn't make a difference what he has done at the vets...he should still behave. Stinky will be a year old in a few weeks..I don't want this to go on.How can I stop him from biting me?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He's still a baby and will get over it, you juat need to correct him every time he does it. It really sounds like he's testing the limit so if you're persistent and correct him each time he'll understand that he shouldn't be doing that. The older he gets he'll understand that he can't bite. It will get better.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with Phil... he is pushing the limits and also - you have to gain your confidence with him... he can sense your apprehension which will cause him to be less cooperative with you

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
the older he gets he'll understand that he can't bite. It will get better.
I needed to hear this.

Dana, Winslow can be the same at times. If he's getting a little too hyper, then hears what he doesn't want to hear, he can get kind of snappy too. He'll put it mouth on me, not biting, but it's still not acceptable. He's nine months, by the way.
all I can really tell ya, is that when people say not to be frustrated or scared, they mean it. It really does make a world of difference. Good luck!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.