Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I'm so sorry you are going through this, first off, thank you for giving Lola a loving home :) and my best advise would be getting some training going as soon as possible! My two females have taken to fighting here lately, it can be very frustrating! What I've done to help work with the situation, when the girls get into a fight after I separate them I make them lay beside each other until they are completely calm ... I am top dog in our home so when I put them next to each other I stand right there and I won't let them move until they are completely relaxed. I always always always keep all of them separated, mine are all crate trained and feel strongly that it is the safest place for them when I can't be at home with them. Training and consistency are your best bet to get things back on track. taking a training class with both dogs will help but like advised above having a behaviorist come into your home would be excellent, that way they understand that what they are learning happens at home too. My first bulldog was the perfect "class" dog but at home she was a total brat more my fault than anything, I needed to learn to be the "Pack Leader" and didn't have the right composer at home and she fed off of it. With the 3 I have now, they have total respect for me and I have learned to always be consistent with everything in our home. My girls still get into a few fights but each time the same thing happens and they go for long periods of perfect companionship. I just have 1 girl (Madison) who doesn't understand how to play and she is the one who starts the fights and it is always when the other 2 are playing.

I hope things get better and please keep us updated.

OP
T

Tegrant711

Nov 23, 2013
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Lola, Honey
Thank you all. We have decided to send them to obedience school. This will be taking place within a few weeks. They will be trained away from us for 2wks. I'm a nervous wreck thinking of it. I know they need this more than anything but I can't stand the fact of my house being empty for 2wks!! I'll update everyone once the training is complete. Y'all have been such a big help!! I thank each and everyone of you! 🐶

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Wow, I can believe that must be so hard:( but I think you went for the best option. Training them at home can be hard and our emotions often gets in the way for success. I had to leave the room when we had our sessions cos my heart rate was blowing off the roof:ashamed: I'm looking forward to hear about the result:) and it's so great what you do for your fur kids:heart:

Most Reactions