Hit 1 year old and potty training seems to have been lost

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
So we got our little puppies at about 4 minths old and had them pretty much trained to sit by the door if they needed to go out to pee at about 6 months. Everything was perfect from then on til now. They could hold it during the day (about 7 hours) and at night (about 5-6 hours) with out any accidents. Well lately they have had an accident when we put them away in their crate. Sometimes during the day and sometimes at night, but pretty much every day. Is this normal for them to kinda revert a little at this age? Its really annoying to wake or come home to a kitchen filled with the smell of urine, that and have to wash towels every day. Any suggestions?

OP
ltpyro

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
Oh forgot to mention that we locked them in the kitchen/dining room area at night with the crate open all this time. When they started to pee in the crate we thought maybe they had to much freedom to run around so we closed the door of the crate at ngiht but it didn't seem to help.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Paper towels...from what I have read on here it seems to be normal but I'm not sure someone more knowledgeable will be by shortly I'm sure.

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Some pups decide to start peeing on bedding. Mine did it when they were younger. Sometimes you just can not give them any bedding, or blankets in their crate.
Don't know if they are boys, or girls-if males-maybe they are deciding to mark their territory. In fact, sometimes females do that too. If you use bedding, you may have to take it away for awhile............Just when I thought mine were trained-they would backslide, but it usually was around 5 mo. old.if they did it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online