bert pooping everywhere

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
Hi guys! Just want to update y'all that Bert is now almost 4months and weighs 6kgs! Problem is, as he gets bigger, his poops gets huge too. Is there any way to litter train him?

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
IMG_2265497636909.jpegIMG_2258156871739-1.jpgIMG_5588712272067.jpeg

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Is he pooping in the house? Dogs are not normally litter trained. Does he have access to the outdoors during the day? Couldn't help but see where you live- I am glad you are safe. We're you affected by the typhoon? Just want to clarify what you are asking.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Holy COW!!! I hope that you are ok in the Philippines?!! You will have to start taking him outside to do his business… we started taking Winston out at least every couple of hours, until he got the idea.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hello! I hope you are in a safe place-see you are from the Philippines.......... I have known a couple of people who had litter trained their dogs-but the dogs were Chihuahuas. Never knew a large dog that was litter trained. Pups need to be taken out ALOT!!! If they are not taken out often enough-oops! Does he have puppy pads?
Some train to puppy pads first, then outside. Some just train for outside. Either way it takes your time and work!

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Glad you are safe! I agree, i've seen the tiny little designer dogs litter trained but not a dog the size of EB, I think they need outdoor, time. Size of poop bigger dog bigger poop!!

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Aww he is so cute. And I have heard very few stories of people litter training a dog. Maybe do some researching on google?

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I have heard of it but like everyone else but it was the little designer dogs. Puppy pads would be my suggestion as well if your not going to train him to go outside.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ok so first Bert is just cute as anything, second I think we need a little clarification, do you want Bert to go outside? Is he not listening? I need more details to give and opinion.

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
Thank you guys for your concern. We live north of the archipelago near Manila and the typhoon trail was south. My family is safe but unfortunately we still dont have any news about my cousins, we are trying to contact them for 4 days now :( I would also like to thank you guys for the help your countries are giving us. I just really hope the help gets to the people and not to some politicians who want to take advantage of the situation.:(

About bert, he has a cage but he only goes there at night time to sleep when nobody is around to supervise. He cant go out of the house so what i want to do is to teach him how to go to a certain area in the house whenever he wants to poop instead of just doing it whenever and wherever he is. Is that possible? Or is he a bit too young to do that?

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Thank you guys for your concern. We live north of the archipelago near Manila and the typhoon trail was south. My family is safe but unfortunately we still dont have any news about my cousins, we are trying to contact them for 4 days now :( I would also like to thank you guys for the help your countries are giving us. I just really hope the help gets to the people and not to some politicians who want to take advantage of the situation.:(

About bert, he has a cage but he only goes there at night time to sleep when nobody is around to supervise. He cant go out of the house so what i want to do is to teach him how to go to a certain area in the house whenever he wants to poop instead of just doing it whenever and wherever he is. Is that possible? Or is he a bit too young to do that?
Sorry to hear about your Cousin hope you hear soon, glad you, your family and Bert are safe.

Bert sure is coming along now ! Good Job.

I don't see why you cannot train him to go to one spot, he is not too young, pick that spot and use training pads or lots of newspaper although not sure on what you can use as he will get bigger, and all my dogs have gone outside, every couple of hours you need to take him, especially after eating and drinking , then if he goes lots of praise and reward, you can use a word too, only for going potty, also during the day watch for signs that he is bout to go, like the stance he uses when going potty, then quickly if possible get him to the spot. You need lots of patience and encouragement, especially if you have allowed him to go where ever he wants.

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
Sorry to hear about your Cousin hope you hear soon, glad you, your family and Bert are safe.

Bert sure is coming along now ! Good Job.

I don't see why you cannot train him to go to one spot, he is not too young, pick that spot and use training pads or lots of newspaper although not sure on what you can use as he will get bigger, and all my dogs have gone outside, every couple of hours you need to take him, especially after eating and drinking , then if he goes lots of praise and reward, you can use a word too, only for going potty, also during the day watch for signs that he is bout to go, like the stance he uses when going potty, then quickly if possible get him to the spot. You need lots of patience and encouragement, especially if you have allowed him to go where ever he wants.

I really am glad he's gotten a little bigger. Ok got it, ill start as soon as i go home this friday. I cant wait to see him for the first time!!!! And go back to the Philippines after 2 long years. Weeeee

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I really am glad he's gotten a little bigger. Ok got it, ill start as soon as i go home this friday. I cant wait to see him for the first time!!!! And go back to the Philippines after 2 long years. Weeeee

I hope all your family is well and pray for all to be safe

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.