Help Needed! HELP! Peeing or Marking?

WestminsterAbbey

Aug 30, 2012
Columbus, OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey and Oliver
A few months ago, we added a new male Bulldog to our family. Oliver is the sweetest boy ever but he's started peeing or marking in our bed. I think it's marking but it's a whole lotta pee! I got a new comforter and he has peed in the bed 3 times in the past two nights. We banished him to the floor and he peed on his dog bed. (he was sleeping in the pee) He DOES mark little female Bully's bed all the time.

He isn't neutered yet. The breeder's contract asked us to wait a year but we're thinking he needs sniped sooner. Is this all Dominance? Is he claiming things? Or can he really not hold his little bladder?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
It does sound like Oliver is marking items/things of yours. You want to make sure it's nothing medical though...like a bladder infection. And thoroughly wash everything that he's peed on...even the slightest hint of his urine will cause him to pee on it again and again.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm not sure about the marking or peeing stuff, but Winston has peed on my comforter twice!!! He's not neutered yet either, and he's NOT allowed on our bed!!! UGH...

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
I would definitely make sure its not a medical problem (i.e. bladder infection) and then go from there. A lot of dogs will mark, and that's sort of what it sounds like. Definitely check with your vet first!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I def. agree, you need to have him checked for a UTI first. Then if all is well-you may have to go back to crate training. Some will pee on anything, some will pee on anything new, as marking. My girls peed on beds (doggie beds) as pups-but I think males are more likely to mark things.....

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Didnt want ti start a new thread but Radar is 11weeks I bought him a bed yesterday for naps when we are home he laid on it last night no issues. He was his grandma and grandpas house today when we got home he peed on his bed. Is he marking we have 2 nale cats that may have been in or by his bed. Is there anyway to stop it? He isn't 100% housetrained yet but he had been out to pee like 10 minutes before.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.