Humping

SamiSalo

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Salo
Salo turns 8 months next week. He will be neutered at 12 months or so. Its a compromise because he has an undescended testicle. Sure he's humping at the park but now he's starting to hump me. He stops when I tell him to. I don't want him to turn aggressive have this habit stick. Right now, he's a super sweet dog.

My question - should I get him a toy? A big stuffed animal or something? Isn't it healthy to let him hump and stop on his own?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Make him stop it when ever you see him do it and that will help. I would not get a stuffed toy, as this could just let him know this behavior is allowed.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue's just turned 11 months and he'll occasionally try to hump me or my husband. We just turn away from him. Do it enough times and he stops, for the moment anyway.

ruthann

May 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
william (willie)
neutering your bully will not stop the humping. typically my bulldog only humps me bc he wants more attention from me. it is a discipline i work on with him like anything else.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Winston is almost 11 mos oldā€¦ and not neutered. He tries to hump his auntie Roxie, but he never tries to hump us. I get on to him about leaving Roxie aloneā€¦ LOL

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
I am waiting for Tucker's testies to drop, both of them! He does "The Humptie Dance" on us as well, I just turn around. He is 7 mo this month and I can feel them( or so I think) but they haven't descended . The day they drop we're at the vet's, if by 12 months we will have the surgery for the vet to go and find them, but would rather not go that intensive.my vet doesn't think it's a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
I know that with most dogs, a stuffed toy or something to hump usually rewards the bad behavior. I would definitely agree with the above that treating it as a strictly behavioral problem and stopping him while he's doing it will be best.

My Pittie did that until he realized I would ignore him. He couldn't handle being ignored lol

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnum (EB), Delta (EB), Gracie (EB), Zoey (FB), Pebbles (FB), Prada (FB)
I feel your pain my Gordo is 10 months not neutered and he humps my son all the time!! It drives me crazy! I will usually use a water bottle to squirt some water at him and tell him no. Sometimes he goes in his crate to calm down.

ā™”Blessedā™„

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Buster (10 months-not neutered) tries to hump my leg occasionally when he is really excited or happy and I just say "Buster stop" and he drops to the ground. Then I redirect his attention. Miss Tallulah is almost 2 and when she gets excited playing she will hump the air for a few seconds. She used to try to hump my leg when she was Buster's age but after consistent redirecting and an occasional time out she doesn't do it anymore. It can mean a lot of things but mostly it is just considered rude behaviour that needs to be gently discouraged when they do it to people or other dogs.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.