Im at loss Lily is being a one grumpy lady!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I got lily tested , for any underlying conditions she got a clean bill of health
What is weird that she becomes mire nasty to Shy (in fact thinking about it every foster dog was nasty to Shy)
Im not sure what the hell is going on ,they play sleep together but at tines lily hair starting to raise up and then she just go for her -i cant think of any triggers ...
She still didn't go into season
Food aggression is sorted ,they both are treated the same , they work for their treats etc
Im thinking alpha dog ?, but i cant let lily attack Shy as shy is a laid back dog and fairly submissive but she will protect herself

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Have you had Shy checked for any health issues? If she is sick or hurt, Lily will see her as a weak link in the pack and attack.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes i did too it makes me wonder if lily knows shy is deaf therefore sees her as a "weak link?" All my foster dogs attacked shy from a pup for no reason

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybe it's just a stage she's going through, I'm sorry she's acting like that. :(

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yes i did too it makes me wonder if lily knows shy is deaf therefore sees her as a "weak link?" All my foster dogs attacked shy from a pup for no reason

Ummm, it's a weird thing but maybe they sense Shy is different.

Praying over the two of them to resolve it & be friends!

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Is it when they are sleeping or are they playing? Is there any specific time? I wonder if she's reacting to something that the other dog is doing & then she gets attacked.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
They play and sleep fine together ,food issue is sorted she gets "mad" for no reason
There is no triggers etc ,shy could be near her minding her own business (looking in the air lol)

Thanks Carol -those two got no chance of not being friends-they got to sort it out

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Pati, Lily's deaf right? And I'm assuming Shy is very active? I had this scenario play out in my house with Ace my Pit Bull who passed. Jack was so full of energy during this time that Ace just couldn't deal with it due to his age, him starting to lose his hearing and his vision most likely. Ace was also diagnosed with Cushing's Disease. It was getting to the point that if Ace had ever gotten ahold of Jack during that time he probably would have tried to kill him. Ace was always the dominate one with his brother Orion. My own philosophy is that Ace was very threatened by Jack and Ace's health issues amplified it. There were no triggers in our house either, Ace would try to attack if Jack even got near him or moved wrong. Jack was very afraid of Ace.

Hope it works itself out. I was always on guard during this time before Ace joined the others at Rainbow Bridge.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you ;-))
Its other way around ;-) lily is hearing bulldog now 7 months old
Shy is around 19 months old deaf american bulldog mix deaf from birth -she is laid back but also is up for any play
I do hope Lily calm down i think she eather wants to be a top girl or senses that Shy is different

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My Bella would act so grumpy several weeks BEFORE her heat… maybe she will be in season soon?!! I'm so sorry Pati, poor Shy :(

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
My Bella would act so grumpy several weeks BEFORE her heat… maybe she will be in season soon?!! I'm so sorry Pati, poor Shy :(

That would make sense!
Lets pray its her season ;-)
Lily cant do much damage or injury to Shy with her small mouth its Shy that could cause damage -but when lily strikes she tries to run away but when she does get tired if her she tries to Scare Lily off

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Thank you ;-))
Its other way around ;-) lily is hearing bulldog now 7 months old
Shy is around 19 months old deaf american bulldog mix deaf from birth -she is laid back but also is up for any play
I do hope Lily calm down i think she eather wants to be a top girl or senses that Shy is different

Why dang, why was I thinking it was Lily all this time that was deaf? :ashamed: Probably just the age then too. Jack and Wilson went through quite the fighting spell last year. It was horrible and Wilson was always on edge and a fight would break out at the slightest big of excitement (even someone just coming over). It was horrible. I got bit good the first time on my wrist too.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
That would make sense!
Lets pray its her season ;-)
Lily cant do much damage or injury to Shy with her small mouth its Shy that could cause damage -but when lily strikes she tries to run away but when she does get tired if her she tries to Scare Lily off

It very well may be… Bella was so nasty two weeks prior, I would put her in a room by herself. She would snap at Roxie for the littlest things, and Roxie is very laid back like your Shy.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Let the red days start!!!! Lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She could be getting close to her heat cycle. But I hope she doesn't do like Diva did and after the heat cycle she got worse. Dive wants to be the top dog, and I think that's what is going on with Lily. I wish I had the answer to the problem, other that just try to head it off as soon as you think Lily is going to attack Shy. It's not easy to see the triggers sometimes, and I hope someone here will have a better answer then I do. Hopefully after her heat she will settle down.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online