Bloody Bone

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
Maggie has finally become comfortable enough with me to play with her bones I bought her. She has a nylabone, ropes, and a beef bone she chews. When she chews though she bleeds (not with the ropes). I figured since she hasn't been chewing for months she is probably just getting used to them again. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't hurting her by letting her keep chewing. She LOVES to chew.

Also, I'm glad to be back! I've been gone for a while and I'm excited to be back on the boards!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Glad you're back!!!

For now I would put aside the bone and give her more softer chews. Does the bone have any sharp corners? My Punkin would be the same way if his antler is oddly shaped from all the chewing. And I would sand it down to make the chewing surface smooth again before giving it back to him.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Mine always leave them a bit bloody since they can have sharp edges on them from chewing them. Sally's the worse those since half her teeth are missing. Glad to see you back too!! :clap:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Welcome back :D
Both my dogs can get a nylabone bloody at times, I just watch them or look for sharp edges… I guess it doesn't hurt them?!!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Welcome back!!!

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome back. Ours will bleed a little sometimes when they chew also. I will take the Nylabones out and file off the sharp edges when they get bad, that seems to help. Also keep a close eye on her when chewing the rope, as they can be choke hazards if not monitored.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome back.... they all bleed a little, not a big deal. As others have said, just trim off the rough edges

Happy to hear Maggie is getting more comfortable with you and her new home

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
As always you have already gotten excellent advice from everyone above. Just wanted to say Welcome Back.

Most Reactions