why does she do this...please help

crazy1469

Dec 9, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
My dog buttercup is now 14 months old and completely house trained...she hasn't peed or pooped in the house in moths....we had an issue wyere she loved to pee I her bed so we had to throw it in the trash. ..so tjis this weekend I was at petsmart and we bought her a new bed....and what do you know she peed in her new bed.....why???

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Marking... It is just something they do and some just can not have bedding

OP
crazy1469

crazy1469

Dec 9, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
Thanks....I think that is her case...she just cant have bedding. ..she has one inside her crate and she never pees on that one...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep they will do that and some will never get out of it. One of ours will eat her bedding, so she can never have bedding in her crate, but we did find a vinyl crate pad that she has not eaten yet.

OP
crazy1469

crazy1469

Dec 9, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
Its funny because we have a kong vynil pad in her crate and she is ok with that one....its only them nice comfi fluffy beds so she wouldnt sleep on tbe floor when she is not in the crate....she stays outside the crate all day when we are at work and never pees in the house

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
My dog buttercup is now 14 months old and completely house trained...she hasn't peed or pooped in the house in moths....we had an issue wyere she loved to pee I her bed so we had to throw it in the trash. ..so tjis this weekend I was at petsmart and we bought her a new bed....and what do you know she peed in her new bed.....why???

Brutus did this when he was a baby. He is almost a year and we just bought him a new bed. He chewed it some but has not peed in it

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Winston does this too & it drives me crazy!!! Just out of the blue... Ugh!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Is she awake or does she only pee in her sleep? Castor wet his bed (only in his sleep) and I was advised here to check whether there was a draught. We closed the windows and the bed-wetting stopped at once. I also make sure to wash all his blankets with an enzymatic detergent, but I really think it was the draught, as he has his bed in a hallway in-between rooms so there was a constant draught.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Is she awake or does she only pee in her sleep? Castor wet his bed (only in his sleep) and I was advised here to check whether there was a draught. We closed the windows and the bed-wetting stopped at once. I also make sure to wash all his blankets with an enzymatic detergent, but I really think it was the draught, as he has his bed in a hallway in-between rooms so there was a constant draught.

Interesting fact. Rocco has the undying love of peeing on blankets in his crate. He rarely goes in the house but I feel like once we wash a blanket and put it in his crate it smells like pee the next morning. Come to think of it, he pees on his bed sometimes too. Maybe he just can't have bedding either

B

Baxter Tiberius

Baxter has peed in his sleep so maybe its that. Maybe not though since you said she consistently *doesnt* do it with the one in her crate. But I have seen him "wet his bed" while sound asleep.

His bed was my lap. :unsure:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.