Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 40

Thread: She will not listen to me!

  1. #1
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Sheena's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,097
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)
    53

    Default She will not listen to me!

    Ok so Daisy has always been different with me than with my bf. Ive told you guys before, Im her chew toy. And it still hasnt changed. She listens to my Bf with no problem. He can lay on the couch with her and she behaves. And she does not bite him!!! Me on the other hand, she constantly grabs my clothes. Plays tug of war with my sleeves, will not listed to me (unless I have food in hand) and she is always getting in to things. One thing I will say is that she will stop the biting 90% of the time if I scratch or rub on her. But I cant do that 24/7 nor should I have to. This weekend was worse than it has been in awhile. She was in time out several times. And I hate having to do that, especially since Im home with her all day and I love to keep her out. And taking her for walks is out of the question. She still hates them . She will only walk to the end of my street and then just pull for me to go back towards the house then when I give in she will try her best to run home. Im going to enroll her in doggy daycare soon so Im hoping that will help her. I really think this is a dominance thing. Cause Im the only one she fihgts with.

    Any tips

  2. #2
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,725
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5573

    Default Re: She will not listen to me!

    Hmmm.... I'm not much help because my situation is different, I'm the one that is home all day w/Winston so he seems to respond better to me!!! Is she the only dog? I think that Winston gets out all of his "play" w/Roxie, so we don't get chewed up as much... I would say the doggie daycare would help keep her exhausted, a tired puppy can't chew you up!!! Winston LOVES to go for a walk too, but I also take Roxie. Has she been to any training? Our trainer had leash training as well, so Winston looked forward to walks... maybe use treats as an incentive to get her to walk longer?!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  3. #3
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: She will not listen to me!

    I have no idea how to help so I'll throw my prayers and positive thoughts your way!! Hope things get better for you!

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

  4. #4
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Sheena's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,097
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)
    53

    Default Re: She will not listen to me!

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Hmmm.... I'm not much help because my situation is different, I'm the one that is home all day w/Winston so he seems to respond better to me!!! Is she the only dog? I think that Winston gets out all of his "play" w/Roxie, so we don't get chewed up as much... I would say the doggie daycare would help keep her exhausted, a tired puppy can't chew you up!!! Winston LOVES to go for a walk too, but I also take Roxie. Has she been to any training? Our trainer had leash training as well, so Winston looked forward to walks... maybe use treats as an incentive to get her to walk longer?!!
    Well thats the thing Matt is home with her in the morning, and Im with her at night. So shes with me more becuase he normally sleeps in. And yes we did training and she did ok in class. But she is sooooo stubborn. Which I know is a bully thing buttttttt... lol And we have done the treat thing with the walking but honestly I could prolly go through a whole box of treats just to get her to walk a block. And yes I agree she needs a friend..lol But we wanted to wait until she was a little older before we got another pup.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    I have no idea how to help so I'll throw my prayers and positive thoughts your way!! Hope things get better for you!
    Thanks hun

  5. #5
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,725
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5573

    Default Re: She will not listen to me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    Well thats the thing Matt is home with her in the morning, and Im with her at night. So shes with me more becuase he normally sleeps in. And yes we did training and she did ok in class. But she is sooooo stubborn. Which I know is a bully thing buttttttt... lol And we have done the treat thing with the walking but honestly I could prolly go through a whole box of treats just to get her to walk a block. And yes I agree she needs a friend..lol But we wanted to wait until she was a little older before we got another pup.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Thanks hun
    Oh gosh I agree too about waiting... Roxie is 9 so Winston bugs her to death at times!!! LOL Good Luck

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  6. #6
    Potty Trainer Sandy's Avatar
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Posts
    58
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harper Jiggs
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: She will not listen to me!

    I'm home with Harper (11 months) all day and he is fine with me. He is a totally different dog when my husband is home though - he wants constant attention from him - if my husband is in his chair Harper is in his lap chewing on him - then he wants my husband to sit on the floor and play (either throwing his ball or holding his nylabone or antler while he chews on it haha) He stays in constant motion all weekend demanding attention and I think he thinks of my husband as his playmate. When he goes outside he wants BOTH of us to go with him or he just stands there looking at us. They are stubborn for sure but I am hoping he will outgrow this soon.-img_0052-jpg

  7. #7
    Wrinkle Wiper Harleyleeotis12321's Avatar
    Real Name
    Leigh Anne
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Buffalo Grove, IL
    Posts
    101
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: She will not listen to me!

    Harley will not walk around outside unless one of the kids comes with and coax's him and sometimes not even then...THE ONLY TIME....i can get him out for a great walk is if I take him in the car ( which he loves) and bring him somewhere else, a park, field or a trail. (NO DOG PARKS.) This method is still in the works but seems to work so far...when i take him out into hallway of our apartment(to head out to do his potty) he will just sit and not move (like a game, he likes games!) I turn my back to him and ignore him, if he backs up, i back up, without making any eye contact or words...after a few mins he gives up and just starts walking. This has takin much constistency and patience, my boy is also super stubborn haha! Does Daisy like car rides? Anyway good luck let us know how it's going!

  8. #8
    Wrinkle Wiper Harleyleeotis12321's Avatar
    Real Name
    Leigh Anne
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Buffalo Grove, IL
    Posts
    101
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: She will not listen to me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I'm home with Harper (11 months) all day and he is fine with me. He is a totally different dog when my husband is home though - he wants constant attention from him - if my husband is in his chair Harper is in his lap chewing on him - then he wants my husband to sit on the floor and play (either throwing his ball or holding his nylabone or antler while he chews on it haha) He stays in constant motion all weekend demanding attention and I think he thinks of my husband as his playmate. When he goes outside he wants BOTH of us to go with him or he just stands there looking at us. They are stubborn for sure but I am hoping he will outgrow this soon.-img_0052-jpg




    Harley will not walk around outside unless one of the kids comes with and coax's him and sometimes not even then...THE ONLY TIME....i can get him out for a great walk is if I take him in the car ( which he loves) and bring him somewhere else, a park, field or a trail. (NO DOG PARKS.) This method is still in the works but seems to work so far...when i take him out into hallway of our apartment(to head out to do his potty) he will just sit and not move (like a game, he likes games!) I turn my back to him and ignore him, if he backs up, i back up, without making any eye contact or words...after a few mins he gives up and just starts walking. This has takin much constistency and patience, my boy is also super stubborn haha! Does Daisy like car rides? Anyway good luck let us know how it's going!

  9. #9
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Sheena's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,097
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)
    53

    Default Re: She will not listen to me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyleeotis12321 View Post
    Harley will not walk around outside unless one of the kids comes with and coax's him and sometimes not even then...THE ONLY TIME....i can get him out for a great walk is if I take him in the car ( which he loves) and bring him somewhere else, a park, field or a trail. (NO DOG PARKS.) This method is still in the works but seems to work so far...when i take him out into hallway of our apartment(to head out to do his potty) he will just sit and not move (like a game, he likes games!) I turn my back to him and ignore him, if he backs up, i back up, without making any eye contact or words...after a few mins he gives up and just starts walking. This has takin much constistency and patience, my boy is also super stubborn haha! Does Daisy like car rides? Anyway good luck let us know how it's going!
    Thats so funny that you said that! I have considered Driving her to the park and then walking her back home and myself walking back up to the park to get my car. Thats how desperate I am to get her to do her walk!! lol And yes she loves car rides

  10. #10
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Sheena's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,097
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)
    53

    Default Re: She will not listen to me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I'm home with Harper (11 months) all day and he is fine with me. He is a totally different dog when my husband is home though - he wants constant attention from him - if my husband is in his chair Harper is in his lap chewing on him - then he wants my husband to sit on the floor and play (either throwing his ball or holding his nylabone or antler while he chews on it haha) He stays in constant motion all weekend demanding attention and I think he thinks of my husband as his playmate. When he goes outside he wants BOTH of us to go with him or he just stands there looking at us. They are stubborn for sure but I am hoping he will outgrow this soon.-img_0052-jpg
    Ive said that I think Daisy considers me one of her litter mates... lol Shes ridiculous. I just need her to understand that I am boss.... Not her!

  11. #11
    Wrinkle Wiper Harleyleeotis12321's Avatar
    Real Name
    Leigh Anne
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Buffalo Grove, IL
    Posts
    101
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: She will not listen to me!

    Sheena i feel your pain...Harley OWN's me! These dogs love consistency but sometimes we have to mix it up a little to redirect some bad behavior. How old is Daisy?

  12. #12
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Sheena's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,097
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)
    53

    Default Re: She will not listen to me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyleeotis12321 View Post
    Sheena i feel your pain...Harley OWN's me! These dogs love consistency but sometimes we have to mix it up a little to redirect some bad behavior. How old is Daisy?
    Shes 7 months. So I know she is young. But I also see that she can behave! Just not with me lol Oh weve done all the redirecting we can. She honestly doesnt care. She will even growl at me sometimes. But then shes fine. Im thinking I have a bi-polar puppy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •