Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Ok so Daisy has always been different with me than with my bf. Ive told you guys before, Im her chew toy. And it still hasnt changed. She listens to my Bf with no problem. He can lay on the couch with her and she behaves. And she does not bite him!!! Me on the other hand, she constantly grabs my clothes. Plays tug of war with my sleeves, will not listed to me (unless I have food in hand) and she is always getting in to things. One thing I will say is that she will stop the biting 90% of the time if I scratch or rub on her. But I cant do that 24/7 nor should I have to. This weekend was worse than it has been in awhile. She was in time out several times. And I hate having to do that, especially since Im home with her all day and I love to keep her out. And taking her for walks is out of the question. She still hates them . She will only walk to the end of my street and then just pull for me to go back towards the house then when I give in she will try her best to run home. Im going to enroll her in doggy daycare soon so Im hoping that will help her. I really think this is a dominance thing. Cause Im the only one she fihgts with.

Any tips :yell:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hmmm.... I'm not much help because my situation is different, I'm the one that is home all day w/Winston so he seems to respond better to me!!! Is she the only dog? I think that Winston gets out all of his "play" w/Roxie, so we don't get chewed up as much... I would say the doggie daycare would help keep her exhausted, a tired puppy can't chew you up!!! Winston LOVES to go for a walk too, but I also take Roxie. Has she been to any training? Our trainer had leash training as well, so Winston looked forward to walks... maybe use treats as an incentive to get her to walk longer?!!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I have no idea how to help so I'll throw my prayers and positive thoughts your way!! Hope things get better for you!

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Hmmm.... I'm not much help because my situation is different, I'm the one that is home all day w/Winston so he seems to respond better to me!!! Is she the only dog? I think that Winston gets out all of his "play" w/Roxie, so we don't get chewed up as much... I would say the doggie daycare would help keep her exhausted, a tired puppy can't chew you up!!! Winston LOVES to go for a walk too, but I also take Roxie. Has she been to any training? Our trainer had leash training as well, so Winston looked forward to walks... maybe use treats as an incentive to get her to walk longer?!!

Well thats the thing Matt is home with her in the morning, and Im with her at night. So shes with me more becuase he normally sleeps in. And yes we did training and she did ok in class. But she is sooooo stubborn. Which I know is a bully thing buttttttt... lol And we have done the treat thing with the walking but honestly I could prolly go through a whole box of treats just to get her to walk a block. And yes I agree she needs a friend..lol But we wanted to wait until she was a little older before we got another pup.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea how to help so I'll throw my prayers and positive thoughts your way!! Hope things get better for you!

Thanks hun :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well thats the thing Matt is home with her in the morning, and Im with her at night. So shes with me more becuase he normally sleeps in. And yes we did training and she did ok in class. But she is sooooo stubborn. Which I know is a bully thing buttttttt... lol And we have done the treat thing with the walking but honestly I could prolly go through a whole box of treats just to get her to walk a block. And yes I agree she needs a friend..lol But we wanted to wait until she was a little older before we got another pup.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks hun :)

Oh gosh I agree too about waiting... Roxie is 9 so Winston bugs her to death at times!!! LOL Good Luck :D

Sandy

Aug 28, 2010
Virginia Beach, Va.
Bulldog(s) Names
Harper Jiggs
I'm home with Harper (11 months) all day and he is fine with me. He is a totally different dog when my husband is home though - he wants constant attention from him - if my husband is in his chair Harper is in his lap chewing on him - then he wants my husband to sit on the floor and play (either throwing his ball or holding his nylabone or antler while he chews on it haha) He stays in constant motion all weekend demanding attention and I think he thinks of my husband as his playmate. When he goes outside he wants BOTH of us to go with him or he just stands there looking at us. They are stubborn for sure but I am hoping he will outgrow this soon. IMG_0052.jpg

Harleyleeotis12321

Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo Grove, IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
Harley will not walk around outside unless one of the kids comes with and coax's him and sometimes not even then...THE ONLY TIME....i can get him out for a great walk is if I take him in the car ( which he loves) and bring him somewhere else, a park, field or a trail. (NO DOG PARKS.) This method is still in the works but seems to work so far...when i take him out into hallway of our apartment(to head out to do his potty) he will just sit and not move (like a game, he likes games!) I turn my back to him and ignore him, if he backs up, i back up, without making any eye contact or words...after a few mins he gives up and just starts walking. This has takin much constistency and patience, my boy is also super stubborn haha! Does Daisy like car rides? Anyway good luck let us know how it's going!

Harleyleeotis12321

Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo Grove, IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm home with Harper (11 months) all day and he is fine with me. He is a totally different dog when my husband is home though - he wants constant attention from him - if my husband is in his chair Harper is in his lap chewing on him - then he wants my husband to sit on the floor and play (either throwing his ball or holding his nylabone or antler while he chews on it haha) He stays in constant motion all weekend demanding attention and I think he thinks of my husband as his playmate. When he goes outside he wants BOTH of us to go with him or he just stands there looking at us. They are stubborn for sure but I am hoping he will outgrow this soon.View attachment 58986

Harley will not walk around outside unless one of the kids comes with and coax's him and sometimes not even then...THE ONLY TIME....i can get him out for a great walk is if I take him in the car ( which he loves) and bring him somewhere else, a park, field or a trail. (NO DOG PARKS.) This method is still in the works but seems to work so far...when i take him out into hallway of our apartment(to head out to do his potty) he will just sit and not move (like a game, he likes games!) I turn my back to him and ignore him, if he backs up, i back up, without making any eye contact or words...after a few mins he gives up and just starts walking. This has takin much constistency and patience, my boy is also super stubborn haha! Does Daisy like car rides? Anyway good luck let us know how it's going!

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy

Thats so funny that you said that! I have considered Driving her to the park and then walking her back home and myself walking back up to the park to get my car. Thats how desperate I am to get her to do her walk!! lol And yes she loves car rides :)

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I'm home with Harper (11 months) all day and he is fine with me. He is a totally different dog when my husband is home though - he wants constant attention from him - if my husband is in his chair Harper is in his lap chewing on him - then he wants my husband to sit on the floor and play (either throwing his ball or holding his nylabone or antler while he chews on it haha) He stays in constant motion all weekend demanding attention and I think he thinks of my husband as his playmate. When he goes outside he wants BOTH of us to go with him or he just stands there looking at us. They are stubborn for sure but I am hoping he will outgrow this soon.View attachment 58986

Ive said that I think Daisy considers me one of her litter mates... lol Shes ridiculous. I just need her to understand that I am boss.... Not her!

Harleyleeotis12321

Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo Grove, IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheena i feel your pain...Harley OWN's me! These dogs love consistency but sometimes we have to mix it up a little to redirect some bad behavior. How old is Daisy?

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Sheena i feel your pain...Harley OWN's me! These dogs love consistency but sometimes we have to mix it up a little to redirect some bad behavior. How old is Daisy?

Shes 7 months. So I know she is young. But I also see that she can behave! Just not with me lol Oh weve done all the redirecting we can. She honestly doesnt care. She will even growl at me sometimes. But then shes fine. Im thinking I have a bi-polar puppy.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Bully puppies love to play and sometimes have to be reminded of their boundaries. Amber as a puppy chased the cat non-stop and we had to constantly reminder her not to. One or two commands won't to it; constant reinforcement is the best advise I can give you. That and consistency; don't let her chew on you at all if you are to teach her to stop it. Make sure you have a toy close at hand so she knows the toy is what she is to chew on. Two bullies is definitely easier than one because they chew on each other. Amber was tough in the chewing stage but when we got Ruby the two of them rough house with each other and we didn't have to work so hard on teaching Ruby not to chew on us. Just be patient, consistent, and keep reinforcing the standards and she will get it. Time and patience is key; Good luck.

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Bully puppies love to play and sometimes have to be reminded of their boundaries. Amber as a puppy chased the cat non-stop and we had to constantly reminder her not to. One or two commands won't to it; constant reinforcement is the best advise I can give you. That and consistency; don't let her chew on you at all if you are to teach her to stop it. Make sure you have a toy close at hand so she knows the toy is what she is to chew on. Two bullies is definitely easier than one because they chew on each other. Amber was tough in the chewing stage but when we got Ruby the two of them rough house with each other and we didn't have to work so hard on teaching Ruby not to chew on us. Just be patient, consistent, and keep reinforcing the standards and she will get it. Time and patience is key; Good luck.

I totally get what you are saying but its like "no" means nothing to her. She grabs my sleevs on a regular basis. NOthing phases her. Telling her no. Spatting her on the butt, calmly trying to get my shirt out of her mouth. She doesnt care. At that moment in time she just wants to be mean. lol

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Ive said that I think Daisy considers me one of her litter mates... lol Shes ridiculous. I just need her to understand that I am boss.... Not her!

In Daisy's pics she looks like a bossy bit of goods LOL

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online