Peeing inside again??

KimboSlice

Sep 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Kimbo
Kimbo is now 1 yr and 8 months. He is trained not to pee inside the house. When we are away at work he is confined to the kitchen. He has been peeing inside there for almost 3 weeks now. We dont understand why all of a sudden this is happening? :confused::confused::confused: Although we did notice it started when we got back from our weekend trip to Ohio. My older sister watched him and it was his first time over there. He actually peed in her car when she was driving him back to our house, which hes never done in our car even on long drives.

We tried retraining him using his crate. He doesnt pee in the crate, but as soon as we leave him in the kitchen. He does it again. Any help please??

Last edited:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
First of all I LOVE your signature. Have you used an enzyme cleaner on the floor where Kimbo is peeing? Sometimes if you don't use an enzyme cleaner they will continue to pee there or maybe Kimbo just likes being in the crate more.

OP
KimboSlice

KimboSlice

Sep 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Kimbo
thank you! Yes we have tried that. He looks absolutely sad in the crate :( I hate putting him in there...We had the crate put in the kitchen before and even without it and he never peed there..He'd always make this crying sound if he needed to go so we always knew. We even tried leaving him in the ktichen while we were home just to wait and watch but now he only does it when he wants us to know he wants out to pee. Sometimes I'll walk over to the ktichen and theres just pee no warning or nothing. Its not timed either like it'll happen right after we just took him out. Its not like we're waiting 4-5 hours unless we're at work but even then my husband goes home at lunch to let him out only to find pee all over the floor :(

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Have you had Kimbo to the vet? He may have a UTI, and can not hold his urine as he normally would. Best to be safe and check on that as a first step.

B

Baxter Tiberius

In my experience, change throws them off.

They need retraining.

Instead of retraining him by restricting his bowel movements in the crate, I have found you have to retrain by using the treat method at the proper location for peeing.

I've never had any luck trying to train baxter using the "Dont do this." method.

Only the "This is where you should do this, remember?" method.

Its a pain in the *** but i've encountered your scenario many times.

Side note: Enzyme cleaner plays no role with Baxter. I still use it to clean all messes, but he will pee where no pee has ever been, without a second thought.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree, he just needs retrained, sometimes they will forget what they are supposed to do, especially if there is a change in their routine.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The gang has you covered... retrain!

GOOD LUCK

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.