Any answers to my issue???

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnum (EB), Delta (EB), Gracie (EB), Zoey (FB), Pebbles (FB), Prada (FB)
Hello everyone. So our little monster Gordo, who is 10 months, is having issues with picking on my 3 year old. Whenever my son comes downstairs Gordo will chase him and try to trip or even jump on him. I am constantly trying to separate them. It is driving me crazy!!! I need some if your insight. Thank you!

♡Blessed♥

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have a 10 month old bully, and I watch my 2 year old grandson several days a week!!! I know exactly what you are dealing with... :crazy: Of course I'm going thru the faze of Marcus wanting to slap Winston, so it's almost the opposite at times!!! Whenever Winston gets crazy w/Marcus I redirect him by putting him outside to run off some energy , or I make him do a sit/stay for a treat that Marcus will give him. That way Winston realizes that Marcus is a pack leader like the rest of us... Marcus has also put food in his dish, or brushes him (with supervision of course) just to reinforce his pack leader status. If it gets WAY out of control, I will put him in his crate for a brief timeout. Hope this helps you, and good luck!!! :D

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
When my two year old nephew came to visit, I had to put Brutus in his harness. He was jumping to play and kept knocking my nephew over. When I put him in his harness I could control what he was doing. I could make him sit so my nephew could pet him and after doing this repeatedly Brutus understood how i wanted him to behave.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have no experience with Vegas and small children, I am sure you will get some good advice!

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Maybe its a dominance thing. Try sitting with your 3 yr old and have him hand feed Gordo. Unless you think he will be mean to him. Then never mind what I say :) lol You'll have more suggestions come along shortly!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Put him on leash around your son until he settles down... tell him in a firm voice 'no' and be sure youson is not over excited as well.. no screaming (loud yelling) or running.. it adds to Gordos excitment and he thinks your son is wanting to play.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I was fixing to suggest the same thing as [MENTION=8883]Sheena[/MENTION] I was thinking a dominance thing, but it could be just rough play. Either way the harness and the hand feeding and having your three year old give him commands such as sit, stay (supervised of course) with a treat and praise being given when he does what the child says.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would leash him until he stops jumping on him, and also have your son hand feed him with you so he knows your son is not a littermate, but above you in the pack.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.