Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
I was hijacking someone's thread (sorry!) and thought I would go ahead and make a thread of my own.

Recently Petunia and I moved in with her new daddy. I instantly noticed that she had been peeing in the hall. Now that all the wedding festivities and shuttling her to grandma's and grandpa's is over..she is now pooping in the formal dining room.
:(

New Daddy is starting to wonder what is going on with my girl (me too!)..he is off on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and every other Wednesday so he lets her out whenever she needs to go out so I am not sure why she pooped. He DID say he went to the store and that is probably when she pooped.

Is she just having accidents because she is not used to the new schedule? I was a little peeved with her yesterday and talked sternly to her and she didn't want to come to bed last night like usual...but then she did after a while.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions anyone?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybe she is just getting used to the new surroundings, you're doing the right thing by correcting her. I'm sure she will get used to the new setup.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Her routine has been upset and her surroundings have changed give her time Momma she is trying to adjust to all the new stuff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I think she'll come around. You know how these bullies are with change! She'll get the hang of things soon.

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I'm with everyone else. It's a new place, with new smells, new person etc. She's just not used to the change yet, but give her some time. Do you have any blankets / beds that are hers that you can put in places around the house to make it feel more like it's "hers"? When I moved as soon as he saw his giant bed, complete with bone pillow with his name embroidered on it (noooooo he's not spoiled...) he knew it was his home!

Another thing might be to crate her for a bit until she gets used to new place. Good luck to you :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is still getting used to her new house and routine, and it will take awhile for her to settle in and get back to normal. It would help to block off certain rooms and only let her have access to the mail part of the house she will be in, until she settles in. Just be patient with her.

B

Baxter Tiberius

Baxter ws 100% potty trained to go on the balcony outside.. Then I mixed stuff up a bit. In a way you'd think would improve things.

I bought a doggy lawn grass square so he can poop and pee on that inside, at night. While the doors are all closed to the balcony.

This minor change results in him pooping and peeing multiple times ... on the floor ... all around the grass square.

He wont even go on the grass square inside, even though he's trained to go on it outside.

So he craps the floor :)

My point?

There's often little rhyme or reason to their behavior. Except that changing things up, really throws them off ...

OP
Valentine215

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Thanks all! Will definitely have patience with my Petunia Belle! We put her kennel up while we had wedding guests staying in our house...will pull it out asap and bring it back in...it has all her blankies, toys and I know she loves laying in her kennel/crate.

I am sure it will all sort itself out!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
gang has you covered.... good luck with getting her back on routine and keep us posted

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.